Low cal Brownies

Options
So, I was watching an episode of Losing it with Jiliian, and she was making brownies with the kids.

I've been DYING for brownies for several weeks now, and have resisted, until I saw this recipe. Only 86 cal/brownie!!!

Now that, I can handle. :)

Here's goes:

amily Bio
FUDGE BROWNIES
These brownies are outrageously moist and intensely chocolaty. Whip up a batch the next time you're jonesing for chocolate and you won't be disappointed.

Makes 16 two-inch squares

Ingredients

Olive oil spray
2/3 cup mild honey, such as clover or orange blossom
1/3 cup natural, unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 cup white whole wheat flour
1/4 teaspoon aluminum-free baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 large egg, at room temperature
3/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Preparation

Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray an 8" square pan with olive oil. Set aside.

Place the honey in a large glass measuring cup. Microwave on high until the honey is runny and just bubbling, 45 to 60 seconds. Add the cocoa and stir with a fork until well combined. Let cool to room temperature.

Meanwhile, place the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a small bowl. Whisk until well combined.

In a large bowl, combine the applesauce, oil, egg and vanilla. Whisk together until well blended. Add the honey and cocoa mixture, then whisk until smooth. Add the flour mixture to the liquid mixture and stir until no traces of flour remain. Scrape the batter into the prepared pan.

Bake until the surface looks dry around the edges of the pan and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with moist crumbs clinging to it, about 25 minutes. Do not overbake. Place the pan on a cooling rack and let cool completely before slicing into 16 two-inch squares. Store the brownies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.

Nutrition Facts:

Calories: 86.2 kcal
Fat: 2.2 g
Protein: 1.3 g
Carbohydrates: 16.0 g
Sodium: 63.6 mg

Replies

• viadelorosa03
    Options
    sounds yummy!
    bump!
  • RaeN81
    RaeN81 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    These actually sound decent...I may give them a try. Thanks for posting.
  • ShellyMacchi
    ShellyMacchi Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    oooh this one i just have to try
    *bump*
  • sunshine79
    sunshine79 Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    bump :tongue:
  • Diannerv
    Diannerv Posts: 195
    Options
    bunp, thanks!
  • sjd2010
    sjd2010 Posts: 106
    Options
    That sounds fantastic and I will definitely be giving it a try.:drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • iraidatheseeker
    Options
    wow thanks for sharing! def gonna try it out ;)
  • rherrin5
    rherrin5 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Oh wow this sounds great! Thanks for sharing, I love love love brownies!!!!!
  • justme1974
    Options
    These sound great! Thanks for sharing :o)
  • mgodde
    mgodde Posts: 10
    Options
    Thank you for the post they sound wonderful. Better still we always have these ingredients on hand. Do your little princessses love them as well? I too have two little princessesses as well as two fine princes. They are always eager for a sweet treat.
  • PrincessLacey
    Options
    gotta try it!
  • karo224
    karo224 Posts: 292
    Options
    thanks for sharing....sounds great for that choco craving!
  • CarissaNew
    CarissaNew Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Bump! Sounds great!!!
  • sarahbear119
    sarahbear119 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Definitely going to try it.
  • epeebes
    epeebes Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • Nadyasmom
    Options
    Thank you for the post they sound wonderful. Better still we always have these ingredients on hand. Do your little princessses love them as well? I too have two little princessesses as well as two fine princes. They are always eager for a sweet treat.

Yep, I made them this evening and my 2 year old was sneaking into the pan. ;)