Is P90x not allowed on MFP?

suzhawken
suzhawken Posts: 32 Member
edited September 24 in Fitness and Exercise
i just started using MFP two days ago! Loving it! But what I have noticed is that nothing is mentioned about using P90x (at least not in the last 3 months).

Is it a rule to not be included here? I guess I will find out when this post is deleted!!!

I also noticed that no P90x exercises are mentioned in the database of strength training exercises... Before I go and add them all, is there something else that you are using to log your pluometrics, shoulders and arms, etc., DVDs?

Thx!

Replies

• etherah
    etherah Posts: 83 Member
    I'm not sure why you haven't seen anything, but I've read tons of posts and comments on P90X. There are a lot of people on here who do it. I think the reason the workouts aren't in the database is because they can be so different, depending on the individual. I think most people just use a heart rate monitor to log their calories burned.
  • I'm not sure what you mean. I'm new to MFP but in the month or so I've been here I've seen a TON of P90X posts. Also a search shows 50 pages+ of posts which include P90X in the text.
  • anolan807
    anolan807 Posts: 273 Member
    I do P90X and love it. I have never found it on the exercise data base, but I use my heart monitor and just put it under general strength training. Hope that helps!
  • HartJames
    HartJames Posts: 789 Member
    I read about it constantly! Seriously, everywhere on here.
  • dyiaane
    dyiaane Posts: 271 Member
    Just type in the search area P90x. Tons of posts. I read some today.
  • OLP76
    OLP76 Posts: 768 Member
    In order to record your P90X workout - People use HRM to log it in - Everyone is different. Best Wishes xo
  • Pandorian
    Pandorian Posts: 2,055 MFP Moderator
    The search function could use an improvement, I was looking for something on Biggest Loser yesterday knowing there had been recent posts but search brought up first threads from 3 or more months ago, and if a thread had 50 posts I got 50 results pointing me to that thread. Went to google to use their advanced search for keywords biggest loser and restricted to MFP as the site and the thread I wanted was the number one result.

There's lots of stuff that comes up on a regular basis, when search brings up first a page of results that are 3 months old it would look at "first glance": that no one has brought it up "recently"

Edited to add:
    So glad someone suggested the google advanced search to find what I was looking for "easier" so just sharing the tip
  • kentlass
    kentlass Posts: 325 Member
    i have seen SO many posts about p90x...i'd never heard of it(am from the uk) before coming here and now i'm starting it in a few days!
This discussion has been closed.