Hello Fitness pals!

Options
Well, I should have said hello earlier since I hooked up on 5/31/08. But never too late. I was pleasantly surprised to see I had lost 5lbs since then. I'm Ready to roll now. Our last child just got married and it's just the man and me now.. So looking forward my journey to my goal. Talk to you along the way.

Replies

• Puddmuffin
    Puddmuffin Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Well, I should have said hello earlier since I hooked up on 5/31/08. But never too late. I was pleasantly surprised to see I had lost 5lbs since then. I'm Ready to roll now. Our last child just got married and it's just the man and me now.. So looking forward my journey to my goal. Talk to you along the way.
  • sweetlauri70
    Options
    Welcome! Glad to meet you and take the journey with you!
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    Hi, and welcome to the best site on the web. But then, if you've already been on here a month, you must already know just how great it is!
    Congrats on your 5 pounds!
    I'm all alone with my guy too. My son moved out alittle over a year ago, and is getting married next April. I loved having my son home, lol, but, I love having all the privacy now with it just being myself and my husband! LOL
  • Gabbi
    Gabbi Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    welcome and congrats on the 5 lb. lose
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the five pounds!!! WELCOME!
  • julie737
    julie737 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Here's hoping you'll say goodbye to all the pounds you want!
  • sagi101
    sagi101 Posts: 2
    Options
    Hiya,
    Found this site by chance and been on it for about a month and I think it's awesome, the calorie counter keeps me disciplined and reading all the posts gives me a boost when all i want is to do is eat up all the oreo cookies in the house. So keep the posts and discussions going, they really are great.

But I have a question, I am trying to keep within my calorie count and doing ok so far, more or less. And my carbs are ok too but I keep going over on the fat, am not sure if I should worry. I am eating fairly healthy, trying to take as much vegetables as I can and trying to just have almonds or a wholemeal biscuit when i want a snack, but I am finding it hard to eat up all my daily calories without going over on the fats. Anyone has any thoughts on how to ovecome this?

Yasmin1
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    Hi Sagi, welcome to the site! It really is fantastic. The feeling of control you get, and all of the people who are so supportive is just great!
    As far as you going over on your fats, ya, that could be a problem with you losing weight. I think you're just going to have to find snacks with little or no fat. I have air popcorn, Fiber One bars, oranges or apples, stuff like that. I don't do nuts, even though they're healthy, cuz I find them very addicting and they really add up! I hear it's ok to go alittle over on your protein, but not on cals, carbs or fats.
    Hope that helps. Good luck!
  • sagi101
    sagi101 Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi BrenNew
    Thanks heaps for that! I shall keep a watch on the fats and look for lower fats stuff and more fruits to snack. :smile: