Hurt leg...now what?!

Options
So last night while working out my right leg gave out on me. Now I can barely walk on it. Going to see the Dr in the morning but don't want to get off track or lose focus. Any suggestions on upper body or other workouts that will still give me great Cal burn?!?!

Replies

• marianna0056
    marianna0056 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Were you wearing Sketchers Shape Ups, by chance. I found out that they cause foot and leg ailments. I have Achilles Tendonitis and can't work out or walk, or even stand up on my feet without pain.
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    You could try swimming...

Honestly, when I've gotten hurt in the past, I've taken a few days off, adjusted my caloric intake to reflect the fact that I wasn't working out, and just let my body heal.
  • ChRiStA_1983
    ChRiStA_1983 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    If you engage in crunches vigorously enough, that can elevate your heart rate...although it really is pretty tough to engage in cardio with an injured leg....Strength training is probably your best option...

I would normally suggest push-ups as well, but that might not be possible, depending upon where exactly your leg is injured....?
  • khrys1
    khrys1 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Any upper body workout (arm/shoulder/back/chest with weights, or just the top-half of boxing/tae bo). Could also do ab workouts. Good luck!
  • jaskelley
    jaskelley Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I second the strength training. That and dieting is basically all I've done, and it's working fine for me. Even if you can't do the strength training, as long as you're good on your diet, you'll still lose while your leg is healing up.

PA pals for life! :D
  • AllyS7
    AllyS7 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    I agree with the cutting back the calories and just letting your body take a break. Then see what the Dr. recommends.
  • Green_Eyed_Girl88
    Green_Eyed_Girl88 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Big Thanks to everyone. I think I'm going to have to restrict my calorie intake for a few days, maybe do some arm and ab workouts. I can't put any weight on my leg, bend it or straighten it..hoping the Dr can make it feel better fast!
  • jaskelley
    jaskelley Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Big Thanks to everyone. I think I'm going to have to restrict my calorie intake for a few days, maybe do some arm and ab workouts. I can't put any weight on my leg, bend it or straighten it..hoping the Dr can make it feel better fast!

Just do a bunch of curls. You could build a Marky Mark Wahlberg physique. ;-)
  • dengarrett
    Options
    When my knee gets too bad I sit on an exercise ball and use resistance tube exercises & WII upper body workouts.
  • Green_Eyed_Girl88
    Green_Eyed_Girl88 Posts: 73 Member
    Options

Just do a bunch of curls. You could build a Marky Mark Wahlberg physique. ;-)

Lol...oh ya...I bet the hubby will think that's real sexxy! ;)