Brides on a Mission: Week 9

Options
Hello brides!

The end of last week was a little emotionally rough for some people on the board. Let us all just remember that we are here to support/motivate each other and also give support/motivation to each other. Our wedding days will all be here before we know it and we want to look out best…that is our goal and let’s all stick to looking amazing!

I think we all got the swing of how our board works, so I will make this short and sweet! (If you are new, please look back on the support and motivation boards from previous weeks if you would like.)

How to upload a photo: Go to www.photobucket.com, it’s a free service, and upload your photos. Copy and paste the IMG code (there is a list of codes, easy to find on the site) onto your message post. Change the capital IMG code at the beginning and end of the code to lower case img. Your photo will appear when you make the actual “post.” (I will post this each week.)

Week 9 challenge: For this week, let’s use a challenge proposed by lilricki. Throughout the week add the following to your workout: 100 push ups, 100 sit ups, 100 squats. It only comes out to be about 15 of each exercise per day. If it is too much all at once think about breaking it up during your day. Thanks (lilricki for coming up with this week’s challenge!)

Getting to know each other (Please only fill this out if you are new to the group; copy and paste this section into your post. I will post this each week for new comers.)
1. Name:
2. Age:
3. City:
4. Occupation:
5. Wedding date:
6. Fiancés name:
7. How long you and your fiancé have been together:
8. Heaviest weight:
9. Goal weight and date:
10. Favorite type of exercise:
11. Favorite healthy food:

Brides on a Mission: week 8 (Please copy and paste this into your profile)
1. Weight loss/inches lost this week:
2. Highlight of the past week: (not weight, just something exciting that happened):
3. Lowlight of the past week (not weight, just something that you need support with):
4. How many brides-maids/grooms men do you have standing up:
5. Any wedding news updates:
6. What is your go to healthy snack:
7. What time of day do you work out:
8. Weekly wrap up:

Replies

• EaglesFan521
    EaglesFan521 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    1. Weight loss/inches lost this week: .8 pounds 1.5 inches off my waist and hips

2. Highlight of the past week: (not weight, just something exciting that happened): Started a new job!!!!

3. Lowlight of the past week (not weight, just something that you need support with): getting up early to work out, because if i don't in the morning by the time i get home i am too tired.

4. How many brides-maids/grooms men do you have standing up: 2 of each right now

5. Any wedding news updates: nope

6. What is your go to healthy snack: depends on what I have in the house, but I love cheese sticks!!

7. What time of day do you work out: well depends, i need to start getting up in the morning befor work because by the time i get home i am too tired.

8. Weekly wrap up: This was a good week, I started a new job, and I am hoping that a good schedule will help me. and being called an "exercise queen" by my fiancee always makes me feel good!!!
  • kalebsmama07
    Options
    Brides on a Mission: week 9

1. Weight loss/inches lost this week: will get back tot his wednsday is my weigh in day....also will definitly measure my self when i been doing better...

2. Highlight of the past week: (not weight, just something exciting that happened): not much happened...

3. Lowlight of the past week (not weight, just something that you need support with):ate so bad over the weekend n probley enough to wreck last week.... so many calories within two days im glad that tomorrow marks a new week.....

4. How many brides-maids/grooms men do you have standing up: none...

5. Any wedding news updates: asked my aunt for something borrowed for my wedding day

6. What is your go to healthy snack: fruit or yogurt

7. What time of day do you work out: i workout at nite time ......keeps my mind off food when i think im hungry after 7pm....7pm is when i shut my self off of food....

8. Weekly wrap up: horrible horrible horrible is all i have to say.....blah...all well moving on ..
  • Becky011
    Becky011 Posts: 384
    Options
    I missed last week so ill t updates for both :) i was on reading posts but didnt get around to posting my updates!

Brides on a Mission: week 9 (Please copy and paste this into your profile)
    1. Weight loss/inches lost this week: last week -2.6 this week no loss :(
    2. Highlight of the past week: (not weight, just something exciting that happened): flowers at work on Friday from an old client, a great way to start out my day :), also a snow day on Monday and my boyfriend took me out for dinner which was a nice surprise
    3. Lowlight of the past week (not weight, just something that you need support with): just obsrssing over losing... I'm struggling with that and I know that it is what will stand in my way in my journey . On Friday the gals from work and I went out for a shamrock shake venture at lunch (many of them hadn't tried it and were super excited :) but as a result I went over on cals and was literally obsrssing about it because I was worried it was prevent a loss (which I did not lose but I'm not surre that that was why necessarily) anyways I felt ridiculous obsrssing over this and really need to conquer that issue. I Am upping my daily allowance to 1300 because I know 1200 is really our minimum and I always try to be under. This way I will be under on cals but still have the min daily amount. Thoughts? Suggestions? What is working for you?
    4. How many brides-maids/grooms men do you have standing up: n/a for those of you who don't know im not currently engaged, just in a serious relationship and trying to get a heads up on wedding weight loss ;)
    5. Any wedding news updates: n/a
    6. What is your go to healthy snack: fruit, yogurt, sugar free jello or pudding
    7. What time of day do you work out: aver work twice to 3 times a weeks and 2 HR on Saturday mornings
    8. Weekly wrap up: all in all im doing ok. Refusing to give up but struggling a bit because of no loss this week (depending on which day you go off of you could say I gained a little but I decided to go with my Friday weight which was same as last Saturday) I need to stop obsessing but stay on track. I appreciate any support you can give me. I'm bumming a little because I really thought I would be enjoyig my reward this week for hitting 179 and. I am not :(
  • edryer123
    edryer123 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    1. Weight loss/inches lost this week: .5lbs
    2. Highlight of the past week: (not weight, just something exciting that happened): getting my tax return!
    3. Lowlight of the past week (not weight, just something that you need support with): had to reschedule my engagement session tomorrow due to rain.
    4. How many brides-maids/grooms men do you have standing up: 3 each
    5. Any wedding news updates: None this week
    6. What is your go to healthy snack: clementines
    7. What time of day do you work out: morning whenever possible. gives me energy the rest of the day.
    8. Weekly wrap up: getting better at measuring everything out. got my new sneakers yesterday and had a really good workout this morning. i've got some new workout dvd's coming.
  • Denziee
    Denziee Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    I managed to skip last week... how i do not know!?! And so I dont know what weight I was when!? I think i will post my actual weight in these posts so i can work it out each week!!

1. Weight loss/inches lost this week: so last week I was 156.2 and my weigh in day is technically wednesday so i'll update next week!!

2. Highlight of the past week: (not weight, just something exciting that happened): my mum has a new man in her life :-) after 10 years of singledom! I met him last night and am really pleased for her, he is very sweet and pretty handsome too!!

3. Lowlight of the past week (not weight, just something that you need support with): one of my bridesmaids has decided to move to australia! little bit gutted but I guess she can't put her life on hold for my wedding!

4. How many brides-maids/grooms men do you have standing up: haha! connected to the previous question... I have 3 bridesmaids and he has 1 best man and 2 ushers.

5. Any wedding news updates: none this week.

6. What is your go to healthy snack: any fruit.

7. What time of day do you work out: morning when i can actually get out of bed. if i manage it, it sets me up for the day! but quite often its when i get home from work so around 530pm.

8. Weekly wrap up: bit of a poor effort last week and a total blow out weekend so i must be realyl good this week!!
  • EHeadings
    EHeadings Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    1. Weight loss/inches lost this week: I haven't measured my inches yet... but I am down 3.4!

2. Highlight of the past week: (not weight, just something exciting that happened): We are getting my apt ready for me to move into!! new carpet, new tile, new paint. So excited!

3. Lowlight of the past week (not weight, just something that you need support with): Struggled yesterday with eating, arguing with fiance, and freaking out about money. Just was NOT the best day.

4. How many brides-maids/grooms men do you have standing up: Two maids of honor, two best men.

5. Any wedding news updates: Booked my makeup artist, make my "day of timeline," and narrowed down our first dance song.

6. What is your go to healthy snack: Fruits and veggies as much as possible! I also try to drink lots of water when i'm hungry, just to see if i really am hungry. Many times my signals are confused and I am thirsty!

7. What time of day do you work out: Afternoon. I'm a teacher and get up pretty early. In the summer I will probably work out in the am!

8. Weekly wrap up: I'm really surprised I am down today- I went WAY over calories yesterday. My fiance talked me into going out to Chinese, and it was a bad idea. He tried to help me once we were there, but it was too late! He felt like it was his fault- poor guy. He is doing an awesome job with helping me. I love that guy! :) It's a new week, new day, and new goals for me! Exciteed to continue this journey!

Have a great week everyone!
  • Bditbobcat
    Bditbobcat Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Brides on a Mission: week 8

1. Weight loss/inches lost this week: Haven't weighed yet, but measured myself. After phase 1 of p90x I have lost: 2 inches in my chest, waist, and hips. I also lost 0.5 inches in my biceps.

2. Highlight of the past week: (not weight, just something exciting that happened): Finished Phase 1 of p90x.

3. Lowlight of the past week (not weight, just something that you need support with): I ate TERRIBLE yesterday.

4. How many brides-maids/grooms men do you have standing up: 5 of each.

5. Any wedding news updates: Sent out about half of my save-the-dates and found a florist!

6. What is your go to healthy snack: probably nuts or frozen yogurt.

7. What time of day do you work out: 4:55am eek!

8. Weekly wrap up: I had a pretty good week, but I feel that I ruined all of my progress yesterday. I have to start being better on the weekends!
  • JulieSue
    JulieSue Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone!!!! This is soooooo great!!! Love this idea and hopefully ya'll dont mind me joining it this late in the weeks but I just came across it and I think this is GREAT becuz I am most def lacking in the motivation area and I shouldnt be....everyone says that their wedding time was their most motivation....well I dont know what is wrong with me!!! Its probably the fact that i love food and I have a major sweet tooth!!! as well as I am busy most of the time AND that makes it hard!!! UGH!!!! oh well I am going to the store tonight and I am starting fresh tmw!!! I can do this!!!! <3

1. Name: Julie Sue
    2. Age: 28
    3. City: Saint Albans, WV
    4. Occupation: Sign Language Interpreter/Teacher
    5. Wedding date: May 19, 2012
    6. Fiancés name: Casey <3
    7. How long you and your fiancé have been together: this time 19 months in March!! (but I have known him since 2000 AND we dated for 9 months back in 2006 and we were inseperable (this time) starting in April of 2009 :)) I know prolly more info than you needed!!!
    8. Heaviest weight: 198 ( a few years ago)
    9. Goal weight and date: I want to be 135 by at least next year...I started this year out saying one pound a week is plenty for me!!! but I am a week or two off!!!
    10. Favorite type of exercise: Running and Zumba!!!
    11. Favorite healthy food: who knows??? sweet potato fries!!! (I struggle with food the most!!!)

1. Weight loss/inches lost this week: I do not know :0( I didnt weigh myself this AM...I will for sure do it this week and get back on it for next week!!!!
    2. Highlight of the past week: (not weight, just something exciting that happened): it was my birthday on Wednesday!!! (not good for the diet) but still fun!!!
    3. Lowlight of the past week (not weight, just something that you need support with): saying NO to sweet foods or bad foods!!!
    4. How many brides-maids/grooms men do you have standing up: I have 8 bridesmaids and he has 9 groomsmen (he has two best men)
    5. Any wedding news updates: we start meeting with photographers this week!!! :))
    6. What is your go to healthy snack: dry cereal OR 100 calorie packs of cheez its
    7. What time of day do you work out: typically after work 5ish to 7ish or sooo
    8. Weekly wrap up: well I got Turbo Fire for my birthday sooo starting tmw I am starting fresh...I will not miss Zumba (unless I have to) AND starting Turbo Fire and getting my diet under control!! soo wish me luck!!!

soo on the wedding checklist (we are doing some things really early becuz of the time of year it is May we are getting some no go's already!!! soo just to catch people up (briefly!!!!) and I love reading everyone elses posts!!!! soo far here is all we have done or are doing....
    *Date: May 19, 2012
    *Location: University of Charleston - ceremony is outside on the river with our state capitol in the background...reception is in the ballroom!!!
    *Colors: Fuschia and Navy
    *Vision/Theme: Modern, Romantic Elegance (with a few of my corny sayings thrown in) :))
    *Dress: surprisingly I found it on a girls weekend to Cincinnati (I didnt expect to) BUT i love it!!!! so now I wanna look good in it!!!
    *Finalized the Wedding Party (well the adults anyway): and I am making cards for each of the girls to ask them to be in the wedding soooo I started that last night!!! :))
    **we have done other little things but nothing has been done or finalized...like I know what sand ceremony vases I want and his dad makes his own homemade wine soooo our gift will be gift bottles of wine...i found the socks I want the men to wear (but I gotta save up and make sure its in the budget!!!)...I found bridemaids dresses that I love but I need to see it in person....AND I think thats about it!!!! I havent done tooooo much at all but I think just enuff since we still have 15 months left!!!

sooo I cant wait to keep reading and getting to know each of you and us sharing ideas and so forth!!! :))
  • NurseNatalie2011
    Options
    1. Weight loss/inches lost this week: weigh in on Thursday

2. Highlight of the past week: (not weight, just something exciting that happened): had a great day with the fiance on Saturday and we won Chicago White Sox tickets in a raffel!

3. Lowlight of the past week (not weight, just something that you need support with): Eating way too much on Saturday.

4. How many brides-maids/grooms men do you have standing up: 6 on each side

5. Any wedding news updates: Booked out photographer on Saturday. I am so glad we went with him....his pictures are amazing. Now no more wedding stuff for me until I am done with school in June.

6. What is your go to healthy snack: yogurt, apple, cheese stick

7. What time of day do you work out: I usually like to work out in the afternoon. I like going to the gym at 2-3 because what not to wear is on and they have TV's attached to the machines (lol). When I do hot yoga I go at 430. I hate working out in the morning. I seam to eat more during the rest of the day and I dont feel like i have enough energy to give it all I got that early.

8. Weekly wrap up: I am so frustrated with not losing last week. I seam to do really well all week and Saturdays are my downfall. I work out but I eat too much. I stay under my cal goal all other days. I have weighed myself every day( i know I shouldnt) since Thursday and I have gained every day!! Ugh I dont know what to do! I think it is stress weight because my last semester is starting today and I am kind of nervous about all I have to get done. I might skip my Thursday weigh in this week and give it a break!
  • kamae
    kamae Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    New to the Group!

1. Name: Katherine
    2. Age: 26
    3. City: Batlimore Maryland
    4. Occupation: RN
    5. Wedding date: April 14th, 2012
    6. Fiancés name: Trapper
    7. How long you and your fiancé have been together: 3 years
    8. Heaviest weight: 255
    9. Goal weight and date: 150 January 1, 2012
    10. Favorite type of exercise: Zumba
    11. Favorite healthy food: Multi Grain Cheerios
  • lynnellec
    lynnellec Posts: 44 Member
    Options

1. Weight loss/inches lost this week: Gained .5 (boo to TOM!)

2. Highlight of the past week: (not weight, just something exciting that happened): One of my soon to be cousin-in-laws (who I've known since we were 7 years old) had a birthday for her 2 year old on Saturday and we had a flashback to our birthdays when we were little because she had the "monkey lady" perform at her daughter's birthday. This woman puts on a show with a puppet monkey that is so entertaining for kids... the puppet interacts with kids and the kids just eat it up! After 30 years, it's still pretty impressive! The kids loved it and that they were able to make their own sock monkeys at the end! :smile:

3. Lowlight of the past week (not weight, just something that you need support with): Stressing myself out over work projects, which in turn made me so stressed/anxious that I didn't eat well and didn't make it to the gym as much. This is a new week and I'm getting my bum to the gym this week!

4. How many brides-maids/grooms men do you have standing up: 1 MOH and 3 bridesmaids/1 Best Man and 3 groomsmen

5. Any wedding news updates: So excited that my blue peep toe shoes should be arriving on Tuesday!! Plus, we made our final food tasting appointing with the caterer, and my first dress fitting is in a few weeks! Can't wait!!

6. What is your go to healthy snack: Fruit, when we have it in the house, and low-fat string cheese

7. What time of day do you work out: I usually go to the gym to do my workout, so during the week, I go in the evenings (because I can't ever seem to get motivated enough to get up early to get to the gym) and on the weekends, I usually try to go mid-morning before the big crowds get there. If I'm not going to the gym, then we'll take the dogs for a walk and play with them.

8. Weekly wrap up: Thank goodness the rough week is over! I epically failed at working out and eating right! Boo! :cry:
  • heels24
    heels24 Posts: 37 Member
    Options

1. Weight loss/inches lost this week: Lost .5lb

2. Highlight of the past week: (not weight, just something exciting that happened): Went snowboarding on Saturday after being ready to give up on the whole thing last time I went. Glad I got back out on the mountain and overcame my fear of failing at it again. Conditions were terrible but I'm glad I know I really want to go again next time FH wants to. Also my run Friday morning was fanastic. I felt so much better than I did doing the same run just a month ago, I can feel myself getting into better shape!

3. Lowlight of the past week (not weight, just something that you need support with): Ate really badly on Sunday night and Monday of last week after being really good for 8 days in a row. But I have been good since then and I'm hoping to be good all of this week.

4. How many brides-maids/grooms men do you have standing up: Well still up in the air but 3 confirmed on my side (since my orginal MOH might have to work that weekend now), two best men and two other groomsmen on his side.

5. Any wedding news updates: Made appointments for our next trip down to NC at the end of March. Now at the 6 month mark so I feel like I need to get more serious about both planning and losing weight.

6. What is your go to healthy snack: Fruit fo sho, I also keep quaker weight control oatmeal at my desk for a snack at work.

7. What time of day do you work out: I am all over the place on this one. Bikram yoga and soccer are in the evening, so that's wehn I do them. I do boot camp on Tues/Thurs at 6:30 am. If I run I usually do it in the morning, since I prefer to run outside and it gets dark to early right now. But if I didn't have to work during the day my ideal workout time would probably be around 2pm.

8. Weekly wrap up: Not the most successful week ever last week, but not a bad one either. I've learned I need to be a lot more careful about my weekend eating, too. That's when I'm hanging out with FH and either what he makes for us or what we eat (and drink) out has a lot more calories then I realize. I probably would have seen a lot more progress by now if I was just a little more careful on the weekends. But I'm glad I'm at least going in the right direction right now.
  • scrappy11
    Options
    1. Weight loss/inches lost this week: I lost 1lb this week!
    2. Highlight of the past week: (not weight, just something exciting that happened): Went to Vegas and had a great time!! :)
    3. Lowlight of the past week (not weight, just something that you need support with): Had an anxiety attack and landed in the ER :(
    4. How many brides-maids/grooms men do you have standing up: I have 5 bridesmaids and Derrick has 5 groomsmen
    5. Any wedding news updates: No not really right now...gonna do a bridesmaid lunch here soon!
    6. What is your go to healthy snack: Almonds
    7. What time of day do you work out: Normally mid-day!
    8. Weekly wrap up: HOpe everyone has a great week and loses lots!!
  • SkinnyGal08
    SkinnyGal08 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Perfect:):)
  • minni2906
    Options

1. Weight loss/inches lost this week: Haven't been keeping track. I'm simply maintaining until after my wedding because my dress fits perfectly and I don't want to need rush alterations!

2. Highlight of the past week: (not weight, just something exciting that happened): My mom and sister [MOH] surprised me with a bridal shower on Saturday! :] It was loads of fun!

3. Lowlight of the past week (not weight, just something that you need support with): Nothing really

4. How many brides-maids/grooms men do you have standing up: MOH, and 2 bridesmaids; Best man and 1 groomsman.

5. Any wedding news updates: Well, considering I've never posted anything about my wedding since I was new last week, everything is an update to you!! Hahaha. Ceremony and reception are at the Sheraton Baltimore North. Colors are Royal Blue, Kelly Green, and Watermelon Pink. We have about 90 total guests, including our DJ and lights guy. Not sure what else you want to know, so feel free to ask!! :]

6. What is your go to healthy snack: Apples and Peanut Butter, or Carrots and Dip.

7. What time of day do you work out: Usually after work, before dinner

8. Weekly wrap up: Have a great week everyone, I know I intend to!!
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    bump...I`m here, just haven`t weighed myself or measured yet...
  • NicolioRussell
    Options
    1. Weight loss/inches lost this week: Lost an inch off my waist, and a couple off the bust area....But I'm not weighing in for another week or so..Still trying to get back on track since vacation....

2. Highlight of the past week: (not weight, just something exciting that happened): Went and saw a movie with my fiance. We haven't gone to the movies in forever. Saw "The Rite" which was terrifying but I love Anthony Hopkins!

AND!!! We booked our honeymoon!!! We are going to stay a week at DisneyWorld. I am SO excited!!!

3. Lowlight of the past week (not weight, just something that you need support with): It was such a rough rough week!!! Our dog got sick, that was $70.... I got a flat tire at work that we thought would be an easy patch up...nope. Had to replace the tire another $70.....plus making the deposit on the honeymoon $200.. I just can't believe that we spent almost $400....and it was all from our wedding savings :-( Add in the fact that it's like....2 more weeks til the end of the quarter for school...and I'm working my butt off!!

4. How many brides-maids/grooms men do you have standing up: 6 bridesmaids (including MOH and Matron of Honor), and he has 5 grooms men

5. Any wedding news updates: Getting ready to send out save the dates. Still need two more addresses...but we've got them licked, stamped and readdy to go!! Plus the honeymoon booking!

6. What is your go to healthy snack: strawberries and blueberries

7. What time of day do you work out: in the mornings, before 11am.... I work 2:30-7:15 so I'm always starving and have to eat right when I get home....and the gym at our condo complex closes at 9. Boo.

8. Weekly wrap up: It was a very up and down week! I hope this one gets better!!!
  • NurseNatalie2011
    Options
    So I forgot to mention in my post that I might be a little MIA during the next few months. Dont worry, I will still post the board each week but I just wont be reading/commenting as much. I graduate from nursing school in June and I have a huge exit exam in May and then my state boards sometime over early summer. I need to keep my head in the school game and not be distracted.:glasses:

I am putting wedding stuff on hold (we have done everything we needed to up to this point anyways) since that was the plan: I got the ring before I graduated but had to not do any wedding "stuff" my last semester of school.

I am going to miss being so active in our board. :sad: I will try to catch up here and there. Everyone, keep up your good work!!!

-(almost nurse) Natalie :tongue:
  • ksludwig
    ksludwig Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Brides on a Mission: week 9
    1. Weight loss/inches lost this week: weigh in on Thursday
    2. Highlight of the past week: went on twice on a 4 mile run (10 minute miles pace!) and felt I could have kept going!
    3. Lowlight of the past week: 12 inches of snow. I love winter, but now I am getting ready from Spring
    4. How many brides-maids/grooms men do you have standing up: 4 bridesmaids, 4 groomsmen
    5. Any wedding news updates: sent out another reminder to guests about hotel rooms
    6. What is your go to healthy snack: carrot sticks
    7. What time of day do you work out: 5:30ish on weekdays, 2pmish on weekends
    8. Weekly wrap up: Working on my list of invitees for the bridal shower to give my MOH.
  • Meganne1982
    Options

1. Weight loss/inches lost this week: 2 pounds sonce last weigh-in

2. Highlight of the past week: (not weight, just something exciting that happened): Got accepted to grad school for the fall- YAY!

3. Lowlight of the past week (not weight, just something that you need support with): Fiance got violently ill and we spent most of Saturday in the ER so he could get pumped full of fluids. - He's okay though :)

4. How many brides-maids/grooms men do you have standing up: Well, he's not sure if he wants 3 or 4. But I know either way we're both having all male parties. Yep. I'm having brides-men, well actually, brides-adams. My three best friends from college (and we're still all really close) are all named Adam. They are like my brothers, it only makes sense for them to be my party. If Jarron decides he wants 4 grooms-men, I'll just add my actual brother, Dhaiv to my line-up :)

5. Any wedding news updates: Mom-in-Law-to-Be and I finally started to compile our invite list. OMG their family is truly ginormous.

6. What is your go to healthy snack: kroger carbmaster yogurt, or a handful of pistachios

7. What time of day do you work out: usually first thing when I get up.

8. Weekly wrap up: Oi. I'm exhausted. And I was stressed and ate waaaayyyy too much this weekend (mom-in-law-to-be gave us boxes of girl scout cookie- damn their tasty goodness!). That's why I think my loss at my weigh-in today way a bit less than I would have hoped for.