Girling it up for work tomorrow!

Options
ok yall! i bought a dress, and i generally wear jeans and a t with birkinstocks every day! so here is what im wearing tomorrow (we are having a 'shower' at work tomorrow for a co-worker who will be back from his honeymoon)

abc.jpg
dresspurple.jpg

Replies

• iluvsparkles
    iluvsparkles Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    ok yall! i bought a dress, and i generally wear jeans and a t with birkinstocks every day! so here is what im wearing tomorrow (we are having a 'shower' at work tomorrow for a co-worker who will be back from his honeymoon)

abc.jpg
    dresspurple.jpg
  • CyclingDiva
    CyclingDiva Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    Awww you look cute! Don't you just love feeling good about yourself. It makes you try on clothes you wouldn't normally wear.
    I have a wedding to attend in August. I still haven't shopped for "that perfect dress" yet. I was hoping to have lost all my weight, but I've barely budged the scale in almost 4 months..ugggggg! Getting discouraged, but I'll keep it up so I'll look as adorable as you do. :smile:
    Kelly :flowerforyou:
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    awww Em....you girl up GREAT! lol

I love that dress and the shoes....yum!!! nice job sista!!! love that you're versatile LOL...keep em guessing!!! lol....

very very pretty!

hugs!
    ali
  • iluvsparkles
    Options
    thank you guys!! i was actually excited to get dressed this morning! i havent tried to look cute in a long time..and i almost think its because i felt that i didnt deserve to 'get cute'

already this morning one of the ladies i work with made me feel a weeeee bit uncomfortable by saying something about how 'womanly' i looked, in reference to the skin showing in the low cut, bra top type nature of the dress.. She kinda made me feel like i was 'hanging out' but i just brushed it off.

That kind of comment is what generally keeps me from dressing up for work, its easy to get self conscious really fast! But today i decided not to care. I asked Josh a thousand times if the top was appropriate for work, and he said yes...but then again, what does he know!
  • natalie424
    natalie424 Posts: 320
    Options
    Just ignore the comment, you are not "hanging out".... you look GREAT!
  • Quenofcrazzy
    Quenofcrazzy Posts: 358
    Options
    You look awesome!!
    Tell your co-worker to bite you..there is NOTHING hanging out in that dress. I would say it is very work appropriate!
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Ignore that, you look awesome!
  • age1389
    age1389 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    You know people can be so insensitive. You look great!
    Strut your stuff:wink:

-Adrienne:heart:
  • sindyb9
    sindyb9 Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    They always have a comment. You look fantastic. :drinker:
  • chriss1tt
    chriss1tt Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    You look wonderful. There is nothing wrong with the dress except the fact I cannot fit into it, Yet. Have a great day.
  • KrisKabob
    KrisKabob Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    :drinker: Em!!! Look at those sexaaaaaaaayyyyy legs!!! I would kill to have legs like yours!!! You should show them off more often! You look great girl!!! WOOOOOORRRKKKKK IT BABY!!! :flowerforyou: :bigsmile:

:heart: Kris
  • sgtinvincible
    sgtinvincible Posts: 2,559
    Options
    You look beautiful Em. :smile:
  • iluvsparkles
    Options
    yall are so sweet im getting a cavity! Thank you so much!!!!!!
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    I just now read this post and WOW! you look great. You have beautiful legs. I haven't felt like wearing a dress for years to work and I used to wear dresses all the time. Now that I've lost 24 pounds, I may decide I like wearing dresses to work again. :bigsmile: Your co-worker was no doubt jealous because you look so good. Thanks for posting. You're a great inspiration. :flowerforyou:
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    so how is your girly day going sunshine!!!

I really love that dress....and you look amazing in it...that chick you work w/ is most definitely jealous baby!!! lol...and rightfully so...you are sizzlin' sista!!!

so embrace your girly side every once in awhile....cuz it sure looks good on you!!!:wink:

hugs!!
    ali :flowerforyou:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Hey Em! I just saw this!! You look amazing!!! That dress is so pretty!!
  • skinnydreams
    skinnydreams Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    Lookin' fabulous! What a great dress, very flattering!
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    Hey girllie!!! I keep finding posts I didn't see because I took time "off" yesterday...SHEESH!

I love the dress, you look fantabulous!

So how did the party go???
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    I think you look great...and tell the woman who made the backhanded comment to kiss your A....
  • iluvsparkles
    Options
    the shower went great, and i got such a great response out of some of the more fashionable 'hip' gals here at work. They definitely inspired me, and one of them even said shed noticed my arms getting more toned. now THAT i took as a compliment, because ive been working on my arms!!

you ladies are so sweeeeet to me!!!