Is anyone else scared of the dreaded dangly tummy?

Options
I was preeclamptic with my daughter and ended up gaining tons of weight/water weight. I can tell already the skin in my breasts, arms, and tummy are getting loose. I'm so scared it won't go back and even though I'll be a good weight, I'll still look fat.

Replies

• bjshooter
    bjshooter Posts: 1,174 Member
    Options
    Strength training :) Amazing results, some kind of combo, cardio and strength, try 30 day shred, pulls everything, nice and tight.
  • CuteMommy88
    CuteMommy88 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    My tummy was a little like that too. you have to workout in order to tone up, just losing weight without toning will make it look worse, also try to lose your weight slowly, I have heard if you lose it too quickly you are more likely to have loose skin.
  • dajerzeediva
    dajerzeediva Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    were does 1 start when trying to loose the tummy buldge
  • newmeat30
    newmeat30 Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. A summer tummy tuck is in my future. All of the strength training and cardio in the world will not change the saggy skin that I now have. I hope you have much better luck. :)
  • ChefJenn
    ChefJenn Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. A summer tummy tuck is in my future. All of the strength training and cardio in the world will not change the saggy skin that I now have. I hope you have much better luck. :)

after I lost 140 pounds back in 2005.. I had no choice but to have a tummy tuck and breast lift ( w/ some DD implants :) )
    and thou I have gained 50 pounds back my tummy is still in good shape and toning up nicely as I keep walking and doing sit ups
  • mommamorris
    mommamorris Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    my skin did the same thing when i was preggo and after a while it went back to normal. it took like 6-12 months for it to go back bc u got to realize it took ur body 40 weeks to stretch out to that size so it will take that much time more or less to go back. hang in there and be patient. and if it doesnt go back its okay then you can always get the tummy tuck if all else fails. just be patient it should go back.
  • jenaaay430
    Options
    I have loose skin from having 3 kids and now that I have joined a gym and I joined a boot camp class once a week with a trainer he has been able to show me things I can also do on my own. Over the last week I have noticed that my arms are shrinking. So now I am keeping track of how many inches I am losing in certain areas where there is loose skin just so I can see what I am loosing. If you don't have a gym membership there is so many things that you can do at home to tone your body. I too have heard if you loose to fast you will have loose skin too.
  • purpurpal
    Options
    I am also very afraid of the loose skin. Is it true that working out will fix that? I just started watching the Biggest Loser and they workout all day long and still have the loose skin. How much is a tummy tuck anyway?
  • ShrinkinMel
    ShrinkinMel Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    I have that fear with my arms. Mine are already lose and hangy/dangly because of same issue. They bloated up with hypertension and pre-eclampsia during pregnancy and have been this way since. :(

My tummy worries me less than arms. I've already accepted the fact I will probably never wear a bikini and like what I see. I even don't mind shorts over my swimsuit for legs but I despise my arms.

I'm doing some skin brushing(google dry skin brushing) but basically I brush with a natural bristle brush. It exfoliates and helps skin tighten up some. There is alfalfa supplements that are supposed to help with tightening and elasticity. I'm also doing strength work and of course cardio helps burn fat off my arms. A lot of skin health is nutrition so I'm aiming to eat as much stuff from whole foods as possible.
  • ruthie3110
    ruthie3110 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Moisturise.. The rubbing stimulates the skin as well as the moisturiser preventing hopefully, anymore stretchmarks as you shrink.
    If you lose weight slowly it should shrink back easier.
  • mommasamfa
    mommasamfa Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    A big part of my problem is that there's only so much exercising I can do with prior injuries (shattered pelvic, torn knee ligaments and a broken hip with chronic pain). I know that toning is great, I try to do yoga in hopes that it will help tone. Any suggestions on exercises that might be easier on the body but still can help tone?

My daughter is also 21 months old, so I know I've waiting long enough for it to go back. I know I'll never have the money for a tummy tuck though, which also is no fun.
  • Mads1997
    Mads1997 Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    this is my only fear about losing the weight, I do not want rolls of skin left.
  • mommasamfa
    mommasamfa Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I know! I have such bad stretchmarks that I'm afraid it'll look like someone needs to iron me out!
  • eandrus
    eandrus Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    A big part of my problem is that there's only so much exercising I can do with prior injuries (shattered pelvic, torn knee ligaments and a broken hip with chronic pain). I know that toning is great, I try to do yoga in hopes that it will help tone. Any suggestions on exercises that might be easier on the body but still can help tone?

My daughter is also 21 months old, so I know I've waiting long enough for it to go back. I know I'll never have the money for a tummy tuck though, which also is no fun.

Swimming laps might be a good choice.
  • GoingMedium
    Options
    I'm dreading a dangling EVERYTHING - especially the tummy. I think I have age on my side though (crossing fingers). I'm 28 years old (will be 29 in June) and I want to lose the weight (slowly), and get toned in the process.

I know the weight didn't come on overnight and I'm paying attention to the posts about losing too much weight too fast.

I am afraid of the dangling but more afraid of not staying committed to losing the weight. In the end, I'd rather deal with the dangling tummy (and other body parts).

Good luck to us all ^_^
  • jenaaay430
    Options
    I do believe it will as long as you continue to work on those areas along with your diet or whatever exercise you do. I have been doing this for the last few weeks and I am starting to notice my "flab" that hangs off my arms is shrinking. I have read that if you loose to much weight at once you are more likely to have loose skin. It is healthier to loose 1 to 2 pounds a week.
  • JennsLosing
    JennsLosing Posts: 1,026
    Options
    I AM VERY afraid of that...after being so overweight so long and after having 2 kids im kinda scared about what my belly is going to look like after i get this weight off. your not alone
  • sapphiretyger
    sapphiretyger Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Scared of it? After 4 kids, it was a reality for me, not just a fear! In fact, even when I was thin and had little body fat, I still had the dangly tummy. It's only in the past couple years that I have started losing the extra fat and skin in that area and get some tone and muscle instead. . My youngest is 20!
  • leix
    leix Posts: 176
    Options
    IVe lost 5st was expecting some kind of overhang still but nope!

Circuit training, full body & strength training does the trick nicely.
  • mama_mia3
    mama_mia3 Posts: 66
    Options
    :bigsmile: Ace bandages, duct tape and spanx. LOL.. I would say I'm only joking, but if I ever get to that point, don't think I won't try it!