a workout for the girls?

Options
Well today I thought I would treat myself to an incentive top - ready for holiday at my target size of size 14 for July (Started this a size 20 at start of January, quick went down a size 18 which now seems to be a little too big for me so between 18 and 16 now)

I put the top on just to see how far I have to go but the top actually fits!! Was so pleased! Obviously my belly s going down and I havent noticed it - there is a but though and its a big BUT my chest is almost falling out of it its that big - so are there any "chest specific" exercises I can do to make them smaller or tone them up a bit?

I know you normally cant choose what areas you lose weight from but its the only thing from stopping my tops being a size 14 at the minute!

Any help greatly appreciated!

Replies

• misskelly121
    Options
    Ugh. I have this same problem. Id love to know answers to this post too!
  • newmeat30
    newmeat30 Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    Push ups and cardio?

I started doing Insanity on Jan 14th and since then I have lost 1 inch in my bust (I measure again on Tuesday so it is probably more). The only chest exercises I've done have been push ups as part of the DVD. Aside from that it has just been intense cardio.

Have you taken measurements?
  • prencesskl
    Options
    same here it sucks
  • Surfergurl29
    Options
    chest flys are really good workout for toning the chest .... also palm squeezes...and of course push ups :(
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    Sorry to report only bad news, but my experience is that boobs are boobs.

When I lost 72 lbs, went from a size 22 (XXL) top and a size 22 pant to a size 16 top and a size 10 pant-- all because The Girls were out front of everything. I was swimming regularly (butterfly is all upper body work), and I DID go from a bra size 44DD to a 38D mostly because of back and underarm fat, but try as I might, I could never put on a size 14 button-up shirt without button gaposis right at the boob line. It was nice to go from an XXL to an L t-shirt, but in a medium, The Girls complained mightily.
  • lynz4589
    lynz4589 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Ive been doing push ups for 2 weeks now but havent measured yet as I dont have a measuring tape (I know I need to add it to my shopping list I think!)

I have reduced quite a bit, last year I was a 42GG and now down to 40DD but think if I get down to 38D that would be fab!

Can I ask what chest flys and palm squeezes are (sorry Im quite new to all this lol)
  • givprayz
    givprayz Posts: 328
    Options
    I hate to be Debbie Downer, but there is no good news on this topic. If you exercise the chest wall muscles, you will actually get slightly bigger, not smaller. Breasts are almost entirely fat tissue, so weight loss should take them down too, but as someone already said, if you are big, you are big, and only surgery will change that. There is also nothing to do to "tone" them, since it is the tautness of the skin that keeps them in place, and as we age we all experience droop. Even little breasts like mine don't sit where they used to. The best thing you can do is wear the most supportive bra you can afford and try to keep them from bouncing too much while working out, so you don't increase the droop.
  • 33nessy
    33nessy Posts: 104
    Options
    lol i have the opposite problem my boobs are vanishing much to my husbands disgust....i just tell him there fat and they have to go just like my other fat areas
  • lynz4589
    lynz4589 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I hope mine arent for drooping yet Im only 21! Think I will stick with the push ups then as thats whats worked so far at least Im on the right track!
  • CuteMommy88
    CuteMommy88 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    I would love to find something to tone up my chest!! I dont want them any smaller but after pregnancy and breastfeeding they just arent as perky LOL--I'm only 23 so yeah I would love to lift them just a little :)