Newbie here.

Options
Started my lifestyle change on Feb. 1st using the MFP app on my phone, but just found this site yesterday and started reading through the message boards. I am pushing full speed ahead on my new eating habits and daily exercise, but reading the stories and seeing the amazing before/after pictures has ignited a fire within. When I'm on the treadmill and ready to quit because i'm worn out, I just try to think about my before/after pics and what a great feeling that must be. Haven't gotten a NSV (I finally learned what this means!) since I started, but I feel like it's coming soon. I can already tell a difference in my face, only after a little over 20lbs lost. I just keep imagining what it's going to be like to see my friends and family that I don't see often and what their reactions are going to be.

In short, really glad I found this. Everyone seems really supportive of each other, and this is going to be a great resource for me on the days that I might start feeling like I should just give up.

Replies

• Babyblessing12
    Options
    I've been here for about a week, and I definately think it will help, I usually eat when I'm bored, now I find myself surfing around this site looking over the message boards, that will definately save me tons of calories!
    Good luck with all of you future lifestyle changes :)
  • jrbanta
    jrbanta Posts: 4,275 Member
    Options
    I too found this as an app first then went on the website to see that it has so much more to it. I'm into it day 56 and feel as motivated as I did when I began. The people on here have a common goal and there is a lot to learn from recipes to workouts I never heard of. If you can connect with energized people as "friends" you have a group you get to encourage and they encourage you too. I've found some people with my same history and issues and we connect every week to see how it is going. Friend me if you want to and join me moving forward to feeling good and looking healthier. :happy:
  • zcuffe
    zcuffe Posts: 22
    Options
    Thanks to you both! I'm looking forward to sharing the progress and getting feedback.