California Pizza- Waldorf Chicken salad (warning)

Options
Thinking I had made a healthy choice, foregoing the pizza, wine, etc, I chose this not so tasty salad, which consists of apples, grapes, lots of lettuce, candied walnuts, chicken breast and gargonzola cheese and Dijon Vinagrette. OK, I knew the candied walnuts were not so great and I chose the vinagrette instead of blue cheese. I came home and checked and this salad in 1495 calories....How could that be.? Now, i also did NOT get the garcozola cheese, so it consited of chicken, lettuce,grapes, apples and the dressing.

Now, I did substract some calories because I did not use blue cheese dressing or the gargonzola cheese. How many calories do you think I should substract?

I

Replies

• stephaniepill
    Options
    I was recently at the Elephant Bar Restaurant and was aghast to see a favorite salad (Thai High Chicken Salad) that I used to eat in the past is 1070 calories! I've learned now to order off the menu and find most restaurants very accommodating. I get all greens with cherry tomatoes, sprouts, cucumbers - whatever raw healthy veggies they have, no croutons, no cheese, no dressing, and add grilled chicken. I top with lemon juice & vinegar with a t of olive oil sometimes. It's amazing how many restaurants choices are bad for us!
  • charityateet
    charityateet Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    That sucks! I've totally btdt.........

I would break the salad down.

Lettuce
    candied walnuts
    chicken
    grapes
    apples
    dressing

It might be high still - but certainly not as high without the blue cheese dressing or the gorgonzola cheese.
  • MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    I was California Kitchen last night and ordered the Chinese chicken salad- half order. I knew the calories were going to be a little high because of the dressing. Well, I entered it in and looked at their website to make sure it was correct - 376 cals, 1254 sodium. My jaw dropped at the sodium.

I also went to the Cheesecake Factory and ordered the Low Carb Cheesecake with fresh strawberries- 600 calories for one piece!!
  • atomiclauren
    atomiclauren Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    Yikes! I went to CPK for the first time a few weeks ago for a lunch meeting and I took a dorky list with me of what to consider after checking out their nutritional information online - the salads were definitely the worst!

Funny thing - a coworker said something about maybe needing to order her "usual" salad (the Chinese Chicken I think) because it would be healthier than the pizza....oops!
  • TTaylor21093
    Options
    THanks, for the replies. The lessen for me is to assume nothing....check first! Today is another day!