March madness challenge(instructions...share your interest)

Options
I am in this to win this ( not just the challenge). Starting March 1st..until march 31st. What you need is your current BMI and to work your best to lower it. The winner not only gets the satisfaction of knowing they are healthy I will happy send you a certificate that you can post in your Photos here on MFP declaring you the champion, check ins will begin March 1st and every 7 days after until the end of March(Last check in on March 31st)

Replies

• jrm39
    jrm39 Posts: 29
    Options
    i'm definitely for this challenge!

my bmi as of right now is 26.3 -- here's to lowering it by march 31st!
  • bjshooter
    bjshooter Posts: 1,174 Member
    Options
    I am 100% in, this could put me at healthy BMI, that would deserve a *happy dance* even if I don't win :D

I will go with the scales rather than the wii and say my starting BMI is 25.7
  • KandiLicious
    KandiLicious Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I'm in....I actually do my next official weigh in on March 1st so I will share my BMI on that day.:happy:
  • ciaube
    Options
    Sounds great! My BMI as of today is 27.2 ( did I just admit that?). Can't wait to see where it is in a month!
  • jrlenig
    jrlenig Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I'm in....I actually do my next official weigh in on March 1st so I will share my BMI on that day.:happy:
    Mine is Thursday So I suppose I can share today 24.8
  • Heevenlee
    Options
    In for this
  • jrlenig
    Options
    bump
  • pclaxon
    Options
    Sounds good.. count me in too.

My starting BMI is 31.7
  • 55tolose
    55tolose Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Awesome my starting BMI Is 27.8
  • ashaver_21
    Options
    I would love to be in! So we will check in every tuesday? I am so excited! My starting BMI is 26.3...
  • jrlenig
    Options
    I would love to be in! So we will check in every Tuesday? I am so excited! My starting BMI is 26.3...
    Yes except the last week where the check-in will happen on Tuesday and Thursday
  • whiskey9890
    whiskey9890 Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    count me in this will be the first challenge i've entered on here so going to give it a good shot
    my current bmi is 26.9
  • jrlenig
    Options
    bumping the Madness!
  • KandiLicious
    KandiLicious Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    BMI today is ........26.8.
  • nuviag
    nuviag Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    My BMI is 31.6 I'm in

cw 162
    gw 127
  • Brittany689
    Options
    Mine is 29:( the highest its ever been for me
  • jrlenig
    Options
    bumping the madness
  • ashaver_21
    Options
    Allright first day of the madness! What are all of you doing to lower your BMI's? I have been doing a lot of cardio! The snow makes it hard to run outdoors so I have been doing dvds and my wii! I wear a heart rate monitor with chest strap durning my workout and then because I haven't figured out how to manualy input my calorie burn I just adjust the running uphill catagory to show the amount of total calories burned. As far as food I am doing a daily intake of 1200 on days I don't workout, and 1500 on days I work out. I am on a whey protein that has been very kind to me! I am very interested to see what works for all of you!
  • ab_shutterbug
    ab_shutterbug Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Sounds good! Mine is 29.4 - not good, so look forward to improving this #. Thanks!
  • 55tolose
    55tolose Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    to lower my bmi I am doing lots of cardio at the gym at my college! I am so excited I got in an hour last night after missing monday and im headed back tonight : )