I'm Stuck!

Options
I don't know what's wrong here. My scale went on strike! When I first started MFP I lost about a pound or more a week.. now my scale isn't budging. I haven't changed much.. Still try to stick to my 1200 cal diet..and back on walking ..so what's wrong? I am almost wondering if stress is the culprit. Between frequent trips and stays at the hospital for my son..and then my daughter..things have been crazy.. but you would think I'd actually lose weight..not gain..or stay the same? Any advice?

Replies

• LML79
    LML79 Posts: 697
    Options
    I don't know what's wrong here. My scale went on strike! When I first started MFP I lost about a pound or more a week.. now my scale isn't budging. I haven't changed much.. Still try to stick to my 1200 cal diet..and back on walking ..so what's wrong? I am almost wondering if stress is the culprit. Between frequent trips and stays at the hospital for my son..and then my daughter..things have been crazy.. but you would think I'd actually lose weight..not gain..or stay the same? Any advice?
  • gaelbrady
    gaelbrady Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    ...or it could be that you've reached a plateau and it's just a matter of getting over it. It happens to everyone in the weight category. I've hit another one where I'm not losing weight. No matter if I increase my exercise or watch my calories...I don't budge on weight. You'll get through it.
  • ambertimmons21
    ambertimmons21 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel. After reading Banks' post last week about people with a healthy bmi I upped my cals from 1200(losing 2lb a week) to 1600(losing 1lb a week). since then not only has the scale not gone down, I swear I've gained 3 lbs....
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    I hear ya girlie!!! Sorry about your scale...My hubby said if my scale wasn't going to play nice with me he'd beat it up. Hire a bouncer...

I'm going for inches, and working on my esteem this week apparently. SHEESH! Darn scale! Keep up the fantabulous work and know you are doing all the right things! YOU CAN DO IT!
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    Hi

That's SO frustrating
    I've been stressed as well and over eating, but my scale has been going UP..ugh...

Try to ignore the scale and keep up the great work...it will pay off!!!

Kim