Does this make sense to anyone?

Options
I use the Jillian Michael's power-walking ifit cards in my nordik track treadmill. Currently I am program two, day 14 which means the workout is 45 min long (including warm up and cool down) and varies in speed from 3.3-3.5 mph with incline varying between 5 and 8. The little ifit card makes the machine speed up/down as well as changes the incline, so I just do my walking and let the machine do the rest. It's pretty sweet.

Last weekend I picked up a Polar ft4 HRM and have been using it for the past week. When I first started using it, the calories burned display was way higher than what the treadmill display and MFP said, I was psyched~ (last weeks workouts were only 30 min in duration) I have noticed that each time I have used it, the number of calories burned on the treadmill display has gotten closer and closer to what the HRM says, tonight treadmill said 383 burned HRM said 303. Has anyone else experienced this??? My last 45 min workout was 364 I think so I am concerned that something might not be working properly??? IDK just wondering if anyone else has noticed this or if my new HRM might be on the fritz or something....

Thanks in advance.

:noway:

Replies

• KrystalLight03
    Options
    It could be likely that because you are working out consistently it is taking you longer and more intensity to get your heart rate up. This would bring down your number of calories burned. You're in better shape now than when you started so you're not burning the same amount anymore.
  • kmeekhof
    kmeekhof Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I use the Jillian Michael's power-walking ifit cards in my nordik track treadmill. Currently I am program two, day 14 which means the workout is 45 min long (including warm up and cool down) and varies in speed from 3.3-3.5 mph with incline varying between 5 and 8. The little ifit card makes the machine speed up/down as well as changes the incline, so I just do my walking and let the machine do the rest. It's pretty sweet.

Last weekend I picked up a Polar ft4 HRM and have been using it for the past week. When I first started using it, the calories burned display was way higher than what the treadmill display and MFP said, I was psyched~ (last weeks workouts were only 30 min in duration) I have noticed that each time I have used it, the number of calories burned on the treadmill display has gotten closer and closer to what the HRM says, tonight treadmill said 383 burned HRM said 303. Has anyone else experienced this??? My last 45 min workout was 364 I think so I am concerned that something might not be working properly??? IDK just wondering if anyone else has noticed this or if my new HRM might be on the fritz or something....

Thanks in advance.

:noway:

Your HRM (if it is a chest band) will be most accurate. Machines are only "best possible estimate"
  • bpayne78
    bpayne78 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure about the FT4 because I have an F6 but make sure your HRM is coded so that it doesn't get interference from the machine. That would make a difference.