Planet Fitness

Options
So, I joined planet fitness last month, and I really like the gym, except I have no idea what I'm doing and no plan of action when I get there... Does anybody else go there and maybe have some tips on good exercise routines? I've got the cardio down, but toning and weight training, well, I'm at a loss!

Replies

• christenmc
    Options
    I've been a member of planet fitness for a few years.

Check with the front desk at your center. The ones around here (in Maryland and Virginia) offer free group training and plans. Certain days during set times trainers show you how to use certain machines and then as a group help you develop a training plan so that when you come in the gym you just use your check list depending on what you are trying to work on.

I know here they have lower body classes, upper body, abs, beginners etc.

Also try the circuit if your gym has that. You use the machine in the circuit as long as the green light is on and then you switch machines when the light turns red and start again when it turns green.

Hope that helps.
  • khodges15
    Options
    i loveeeeeee planet fitness. I go between 3 to 5 times a week and i dedicate each day to a different group of muscles + cardio. For instance i'll go in and do one day strictly abdominals and back. Another day i'll go in and do strictly legs or strictly arms and so forth. Other days i'll go in and do a total body workout, doing legs, abs, arms, back and cardio. :)
  • Restlessme
    Restlessme Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I love Planet Fitness also. :)
    I try to do most of the strength machines first, then the elliptical and treadmill for 10-30 minutes or the 30 minute circuit.
  • superhippiechik
    superhippiechik Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    I love planet fitness! I do 30 minutes of strength or the circut before doing 12 minutes of abs and 30 minutes of cardio. What town are you in?
  • TimarieS
    TimarieS Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I love planet fitness! I do 30 minutes of strength or the circut before doing 12 minutes of abs and 30 minutes of cardio. What town are you in?

I live in Detroit, and although the PF that I am a member of is called the Dearborn, MI Planet Fitness it is also in Detroit
  • ErinNClemens
    Options
    You can set up a FREE appt with a trainer and get a plan catered to your needs and goals. Three months later, you set up a new appt and switch it up...its awesome! Use everything they offer you as far as help and guidance, you'll get more out of all the effort you're putting in :)