Turkey Salisbury Steaks

Healthyby30
Healthyby30 Posts: 1,349 Member
edited September 24 in Recipes
My family loves Salisbury steak and this recipe is soo yummy and good for you , too! The caramelized onions are a nice addition. Also, no one in my family likes mushrooms but you could add some easily by either dicing them up and adding to the meat or adding to the onions for the gravy. The potatoes make a delicious side and alternative to mashed potatoes. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/182484-smashed-loaded-red-potatoes

Steak patties:
1 lb Lean Ground Turkey, I use 93/7
1 egg white
1/4 c panko bread crumbs
1 medium onion, grated over bowl with ground turkey
3 garlic cloves, grated over bowl with ground turkey
pepper to taste
1 tsp worcestershire sauce
1 tsp Mrs. Dash Steak Seasoning

Gravy:
5 medium onions, sliced
1 tsp sugar
1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 cups reduced sodium beef broth
2 Tbsp cornstarch

Preheat a medium sized skillet over medium-high heat with the EVOO. Once oil is hot (should sizzle when something is inserted in it) Add onions and cook, stirring often for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, add 1 tsp of sugar to onions and reduce heat to low. Continue cooking and stirring frequently for about 30-45 min or until onions are brown, but not burned and VERY tender; they should almost melt in your mouth.

Mix together beef broth and cornstarch.

Once onions are almost finished cooking, combine all steak patty ingredients together and divide into 5 equal portions. Preheat a large skilled over medium-high heat. Add patties and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side until nicely browned. Remove from heat and drain grease, if any, from pan. Add the onions and broth and cornstarch mixture to the large skillet, bring to a boil. Add the patties, cover and reduce heat to medium-low. Cook for about 10 minutes or until cooked through.

Makes 5 servings of 1 patty and approximately 1/3 cup gravy mix each.

Per Serving

Calories 250, Carbs 19, Fat 3, Protein 22, Fiber 2, Sodium 270

Replies

This discussion has been closed.