I need some healthy YUMMY smoothie ideas...

Options
I was reading about the almond milk post. Well I read that many use almond milk in smoothies. Please give me some recipes for some yummy healthy low cal (dont taste low calorie) smoothies. It doesn't all have to be with almond milk...

Thanks in advance :wink:

Replies

• Belle_Fille
    Options
    im interested too!
    bump!
  • RobertaG
    RobertaG Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    If you mix unsweetened vanilla almond milk, your favorite fruit, and about a tbsp of sugar free pudding mix, you get a delicious and creamy smoothie
  • Dtho5159
    Dtho5159 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    Here's my fave

4oz acai or pomegranate juice
    4oz soy or almond milk
    1/2 cup bananas
    1/2 cup strawberries
    1/2 cup blueberries

Blend lol. I interchange with any fruit I have on hand: pineapple, peaches etc. Really good and the protein in the milk help keeps you full.
  • leb89
    leb89 Posts: 54
    Options
    ha, well I'm lazy so I just get the Yoplait smoothies in the frozen aisle. All you have to do is add the milk of your choice and they are delicious!
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    I like banana and blueberry, I blend with frozen yogurt and milk.
  • 3kidsin3years
    3kidsin3years Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I have a book that is all smoothies and juices, with very little sugar added, and I'm sure you can make all the appropriate substitutions to make them even healthier. Sadly, I can't remember the details of the book and I lent it out, but, just look at Barnes and Noble, Amazon, someplace like that (maybe even your local library or second hand bookstore?), there are tons of them out there. We only have made a few of them, but they are sooo tasty, and we intend to try lots of them as time allows! Good luck!

PS: Our two faves have OJ/strawberries/yogurt/bananas, blueberries/yogurt/apple juice/bananas in them.
  • strawberryromper
    strawberryromper Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Green smothies are the best.

I use a banana, water, basically whatever other fruit I want (but NEVER blueberries, they change the texture of the smoothie and it becomes terrible for some reason) and then throw in some spinach. Often I stick with bananas/water/spinach or add some strawberries to that.