Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Who Wants my scale?

I really think I need to get rid of my scale, and I think I should only weigh in once a month. That is a big reason I have failed so often at losing weight because I have one bad day and I go back to all old habits. So who wants my scale?lol

Replies

• Coco_Puff
    Coco_Puff Posts: 823 Member
    Ditched mine last week! I know I have made good progress due to how I feel and the Change in how my clothes fit. I will concentrate on those positives and not be a slave to the scale!
  • fzyfrog
    fzyfrog Posts: 456 Member
    There are quite a few of us who are giving up the scale for Lent (even those of us, meaning me, lol, who aren't Catholic). I started early and threw mine away last Sunday!
  • if you weigh in everyday try it twice befor and after your work out and it should go down mine goes down 1 lb
  • Hsanders3961
    Hsanders3961 Posts: 245 Member
    I had the same problem week before last. Scale didnt move so I got depressed and sabotaged my diet over that weekend. I decided not to weigh in last week and I have been doing so much better. I can see results in the mirror, just not on the scale...and that can be frustrating. So I skipped last week and plan to weigh in this friday...hoping for a good number. Good luck to you!
  • Briacha
    Briacha Posts: 160 Member
    You can have mine too!
  • mishmash73
    mishmash73 Posts: 166 Member
    i don't really want your scale but maybe the exercise & diet change is too much of a shock to your lifestyle so you can't maintain it. At least that was my problem. i would do baby steps... cut out regular cola, bread & pasta. If you can do that, then cut out some items you eat that have a lot of sugar (you'll be surprised), potatoes, rice.... and replace w/lots of veges & chicken breat. maybe just exercise every other day... then you have a break & if you do every day great, but if you miss a day, that's ok b/c your goal is every other day. just some ideas that i've gone thru.

IF IT WAS EASY TO LOSE WEIGHT... THE WORLD WOULD BE SKINNY. that's what i tell myself when i'm struggling.
  • CelesteENelson
    CelesteENelson Posts: 89 Member
    Eh just throw it out the window ! lol Bust it up with a hammer it'll make you feel better. Now I am different I have to weigh in daily so I DONT go back to old habits. Even if I have a bad day it keeps me focused on not screwing up the following day and when I have a good weigh in, I feel great and work just as hard as if I had gained weight. So to me, its a motivational tool so to speak. Im sorry you dont like yours :(.
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    I had a hard time with the scale.Drove myself nuts.If I would gain,I`d eat more.if I lost and it wasn`t enough,Id eat.
    I weigh 1x a month with a dr and that`s it.i`ve learn that the scale is only a number.It`s the hard work and life change that matters.
    good luck!!
    jane
  • ktanderson05
    ktanderson05 Posts: 207 Member
    Well I don't want to break it or anything, because I did spend a pretty penny on it a couple years ago, but I"m thinking if I have the husband put it somewhere and he will hold me accountable once a month. I just think I won't have to focus so much on the # and can focus more on everything else in my life, rather than just the #.
  • ktanderson05
    ktanderson05 Posts: 207 Member
    Well I don't want to break it or anything, because I did spend a pretty penny on it a couple years ago, but I"m thinking if I have the husband put it somewhere and he will hold me accountable once a month. I just think I won't have to focus so much on the # and can focus more on everything else in my life, rather than just the #.
  • miovlb6
    miovlb6 Posts: 339 Member
    Not me! I'm getting rid of mine for Lent too. Next Friday will be my last weigh-in until Easter.
  • I feel ya. I worked out hardcore tons this week and I hid the scale for a week and i got on today...only a LITTLE difference. I was super pissed off at first, BUT I know I'm doing the right thing, even if its not on the scale. I know I'm changing my life for the better.

take care and keep going!:)
  • angelicpiece101
    angelicpiece101 Posts: 40 Member
    im horrible when it comes to weighing myself. I am that type when it goes up even a little i get discouraged. i think you ladies are on the right track with giving it up for a while(im not catholic either) but giving it up for lent sounds wonderful, and less stressful. i only worry that ill freak out not knowing whats going on, as like i said im really bad when it comes to the scale. Im one of those who weighs themselves as often as I remember in the am before eating. but hey, its worth a shot to see how it affects me.
  • fzyfrog
    fzyfrog Posts: 456 Member
    I've been without my scale for 8 days now. I will definitely admit that the first 3 days were BAD. I wanted to run out and buy a new one. Days 4, 5, and 6 were better, yesterday was a bad day and day was good. I think it's like anything we give up. We miss it for awhile, but eventually we realized that we're ok without it. I'm sure I'll have a few more "bad" days between now and Easter, but I think of it as a positive. I'm not obsessive over numbers that sometimes don't mean anything. I may be up a pound or two, but down an inch. I did compromise a little and I am measuring myself once a week. Since it takes more time to measure than hop on a scale I can easily only do it once a week.
    im horrible when it comes to weighing myself. I am that type when it goes up even a little i get discouraged. i think you ladies are on the right track with giving it up for a while(im not catholic either) but giving it up for lent sounds wonderful, and less stressful. i only worry that ill freak out not knowing whats going on, as like i said im really bad when it comes to the scale. Im one of those who weighs themselves as often as I remember in the am before eating. but hey, its worth a shot to see how it affects me.