What are some good filling foods/snacks?

peachyisthelife
peachyisthelife Posts: 13
edited September 24 in Food and Nutrition
I know nuts can be kinda filling or anything with protien. What are some snack ideas (or even meal ideas!) that fill you longer without having to eat too much?

Replies

• NiftyNancy
    NiftyNancy Posts: 26 Member
    I usually put brown rice, frozen veggies and scrambled egg whites in a pan and mix together. Some soy sauce...yummy and filling!
  • amydcarlson
    amydcarlson Posts: 136 Member
    Kellogg's Fiber Plus bars, cottage cheese, those Vita-top muffin tops (really good if you crave chocolate), greek yogurt, and (light) popcorn. Those are some of my favorite fixes.
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,033 Member
    mini rice cakes, popcorn, yogurt, apples, oranges, chex mix, weight watchers smoothie ice cream bars
  • Snacks: I really like greek yogurt with 12 almonds or 1 cup cottage cheese and a small to medium size apple is great too.

My favorite food to cook these days is 1/2 cup of egg whites, 1/4 cup whole oats, cinnimon, and 1/2 cup of chocolate protein powder (any flavor you like) is a great for a meal. Its about 210 cal and totally filling (depending on what kind of protein powder you use). Mix it all together and cook it like one big pancake. I like only spray butter on mine to keep the calories down.

Some people might like a little jam/jelly or syrup.

Good luck and hope you enjoy =)
  • FullOfSpice
    FullOfSpice Posts: 176 Member
    i actually just bought some roasted seaweed from trader joes...only 30 calories per serving. It filled me up :)
  • KickassYas
    KickassYas Posts: 397 Member
    Planter's Nut-Rition nuts and trail mixes ... super healthy and filling :)
This discussion has been closed.