Discouraged need help

Options
So I have been watching whAt I eat and counting calories and thought I was loosing weight my pants are falling off with out a belt so I get on the scale to see my progress and to my sadness I gained two lbs I am sad I know I could work out more considering I only do like twice a week due to a baby and working but still I am discouraged I need help

Replies

• Teebowen
    Teebowen Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    awww honey don't be discouraged if your pants are falling you are losing inches and toning up...muscle is more dense than fat and takes up less space and helps you burn fat better... you are doing the right things keep on keeping on...
  • HeatherNTbs
    Options
    Thanks so much
  • smalltowngirl504
    Options
    scales arent the boss .... if you feel better and your jeans are fitting better than keep it up , you are doing something right!
  • smalltowngirl504
    Options
    scales arent the boss .... if you feel better and your jeans are fitting better than keep it up , you are doing something right!
  • ladyhawk00
    ladyhawk00 Posts: 2,457 Member
    Options
    Here's a great thread that might help put it in better perspective. Don't just listen to the scale. Stay strong! ;)

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/160943-why-the-scale-lies
  • gabenmimismom
    Options
    I am dealing with the same thing despite doing so much more to make it happen. Keep it at it....and I agree...the scale isn't boss....screw the scale....lol. Your close and the way you feel will clue you in first.:wink:
  • foreverjade
    foreverjade Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Do you take measurements? Do it! I hate the scale too, like deathly terrified of it, but the inches tell all! Plus, the amazing feeling of being able to wear all your clothes, and not just the "fat day" pants!
  • sweebum
    sweebum Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    I know it's hard not to look at the scale! But you need to take measurements into account more than the scale.

The body being 75-80% or so water, reflects hydration or lack thereof on the scale depending on the day.

Losing inches is far more important! That means you're losing fat! Who cares if you lose 5 lbs of water? Fat loss is wonderful.

Take it easy on yourself:flowerforyou: :smile:
  • Macacadopai
    Macacadopai Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Here's a great thread that might help put it in better perspective. Don't just listen to the scale. Stay strong! ;)

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/160943-why-the-scale-lies

Thank you so much for that! Great article I have lots of friends loosing 2pounds/week by doing some shake diet or just not eating properly, which makes the friends I work out with discouraged bcs they go to the gym and work hard almost every day, but still don't get the same results as the "dieters".
    There is NO easy way out. Sweat and hard work is the only way to get in shape. End of story. Just keep it up, persist, you WILL see a change as long as you don't give up!