I'm actually LOSING

I'm excited to announce that I'm LOSING weight. After months of being on a plateau (and losing motivation by the day because the scale was up-down-up-down-up-down), for the past four weeks I have lost weight every week except one (the one week that every woman dreads and gains no matter what). As of today, I've lost 4.2 pounds in 4 weeks. That is a lot for me because I'm a little person to begin with and am working on those last few pounds!!!

YAY!

How have I done it?

1. Switched from WW points to tracking calories w/ MFP
2. Eat at LOT more protein - about 1g per pound in body weight - and lots more veggies
3. Work out 5x a week ... anywhere from 20-60 minutes
4. Eat small meals throughout the day
5. I'm a team captain for a Biggest Loser challenge at work ... I send out daily health topic updates to my team, which keeps me focused on the goal as well!

Replies

• Slender1
    Slender1 Posts: 185
    I'm excited to announce that I'm LOSING weight. After months of being on a plateau (and losing motivation by the day because the scale was up-down-up-down-up-down), for the past four weeks I have lost weight every week except one (the one week that every woman dreads and gains no matter what). As of today, I've lost 4.2 pounds in 4 weeks. That is a lot for me because I'm a little person to begin with and am working on those last few pounds!!!

YAY!

How have I done it?

1. Switched from WW points to tracking calories w/ MFP
    2. Eat at LOT more protein - about 1g per pound in body weight - and lots more veggies
    3. Work out 5x a week ... anywhere from 20-60 minutes
    4. Eat small meals throughout the day
    5. I'm a team captain for a Biggest Loser challenge at work ... I send out daily health topic updates to my team, which keeps me focused on the goal as well!
  • lsalazarii
    lsalazarii Posts: 144 Member
    WOW Congratulations... maybe going from weight watchers to a different type of eating was the difference. I think when you "shake up" your system with something new it starts to rev up again!!

Good job!!! A pound a week is great!!!
  • natalie424
    natalie424 Posts: 320
    Yay! Congrats!

Thanks for sharing what you have done to be successful!
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Wow, good for you! Keep up the good work and thanks for sharing your success. :flowerforyou:
  • koala_tee
    koala_tee Posts: 18
    your regimen is simliar to mine and I have been losing like crazy now....YEAH US!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!