One week vegetarian challenge

Options
So me and a few of my friends are going vegetarian for one week just to see the changes it has. We are all college so we're used to eating crap. Anyone wanna join and see if you notice any changes?

Replies

• EbonyGemstoneHealth
    Options
    Sure this will encourage me to not let any sushi/prawns pass my lips the entire week lol after today!
  • coffeefreak88
    coffeefreak88 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I'm in college too and its hard to eat healthy so i'm in too. I think my roommate is gonna try it with me. i'm so excited!
  • darla499
    darla499 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely in on this!! I used to be a vegetarian for a couple years and felt better than ever. This may be just the kick-start I need!

Are we talking just meat or dairy too?
  • Geminieve24
    Geminieve24 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I have been a vegetarian (with a few goofs here and there) for about six weeks now. I can tell you that I feel SO MUCH better! My diet used to consist of a lot of meat and low carbs, but noticed that all that meat intake messed up my kidneys, digestive system and hormones. I have to say eat alot of whole wheat and stay away from the white carbs! I really like having black beans, brown rice, fresh salsa on a small whole wheat tortilla. Veggie burgers are yum with some baked sliced sweet potatoes. Breakfast, have a soy protein shake with a banana. A great book that inspired me to go veg: Skinny *****. I highly recommend it!
    Good luck to you!
  • irishblonde2011
    irishblonde2011 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to say good luck,I am vegetarian 8 years now and it was the best choice i have made.
    Enjoy the week x
  • WishfulShrinking331
    Options
    I'm only talking meat. And the Book Skinny ***** is probably the best read ever! I read it months ago and really wanted to see what going vegetarian is all about.
  • melissabferguson
    Options
    I'll start off slowly by cutting out pork (don't eat much of it anyway) and red meat....I'll start by eating no meat for breakfast...and gradually work my way up to no meat for breakfast and lunch or breakfast and dinner...until i cut it out completely...i will give myself up to the end of March to completely go vegie...Good luck everyone...
  • darla499
    Options
    How's everyone doing? Did we manage it yesterday or is today day one?

We can do this!!!
  • freerange
    freerange Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    When you're done with that, try Primal for one week.
  • WishfulShrinking331
    WishfulShrinking331 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I made it all yesterday and I'm starting out my morning meat free for the third day in a row!
  • xraychick77
    xraychick77 Posts: 1,775 Member
    Options
    one week wont do anything, and you probably wont feel any different. i am a vegetarian and have been for years. You can still eat crap being a vegetarian. why not really challenge yourselves and make the change permanent
  • darla499
    Options
    When you're done with that, try Primal for one week.

What is Primal?
  • darla499
    Options
    I made it all yesterday and I'm starting out my morning meat free for the third day in a row!

Good for you!!

We can do it! I'm on day two ... actually it's been more like 3 but I'm only counting since the challenge began :smile:
  • darla499
    Options
    Officially day four (if you started Tuesday 3/1/11)!!!

Anyone hanging in there still?

We almost hit the week challenge. Just a couple more days to go!
  • WishfulShrinking331
    WishfulShrinking331 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I made it through the whole week
  • darla499
    Options
    I made it through the whole week

I did too ... and I'm still going strong!
  • irishblonde2011
    irishblonde2011 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to say WELL DONE.x