Need Some Exercise Suggestions

Options
Hey guys. I just recently had my gallbladder removed and am supposed to refrain from the whole bending situation for a few weeks. However, I've never been one to sit on the couch very well. So I've found myself trying to do more than I should out of sheer boredom. I was thinking that if I can come up with a few exercises that I can do without risking further injuring myself it might help me from trying to do the laundry and giving myself a hernia, or cleaning the apartment with the same results.

Yes, yes, I know. "You should be resting" blah blah blah. I consider this preventative medicine. He he! And it'll help keep me somewhat on track until I can go back to the gym again.

So anyone have any ideas?

Replies

• MrsMcLaughlin2013
    MrsMcLaughlin2013 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    You could try walking in place...or if you can afford it, have someone pick up a video (like Walking Away the pounds) something like that.
  • ItsOn130
    ItsOn130 Posts: 269
    Options
    What about swimming? Would that be too much??? Or can you even get the site wet?
  • Lorelei19
    Lorelei19 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I think swimming would be good, but I live on the East Coast of the US and it's kinda cold out right now. ^_^ That, and I technically shouldn't be submerging the site yet. I can't even take a bath. :-(

But as far as the walking in place, that might work. Put on some music and walk in beat. Maybe some hand weights and do some arm stuff. I could even stomp and give the downstairs neighbors a taste of their own medicine (their child up at 1.30 in the morning screaming cause he can't have ice cream).

I like it. Thanks guys.
  • KanCrav
    KanCrav Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I think walking is a good, safe thing to do. Get outside and take a short walk. The sunlight will lighten your mood, you will burn a few calories and you wont be so bored!~!~! Im trying to think of other things I do that dont really use your core but I cant!~!~! Sorry, I hope you heal fast and well!~!