30 day Shred plus other forms of exercise Gym/Tae Bo! too mu

Charlea1981
Charlea1981 Posts: 72 Member
edited September 24 in Fitness and Exercise
Hey everyone! I started the 30 day shred yesterday & also followed it with a basic 25 minute Tae Bo workout by Billy Blanks!

When completing the 30 day shred do you recommend or think that it should be best performed in isolation? Meaning no other forms of exercise should be done over the 30 days?

I just feel it is not enough? Before this I was working out at the gym for an hour to an hour and a half.

Or doing Billy blanks advanced and basic workout one after the other so to just go down to 20 minutes I’m barely even sweating so Can I do both?

I was thinking maybe 30DS in the morning before work then gym in the evening? However gym and Tae bo would still be for 5 days a week while I would continue the 30DS for 7 days??

Ok thank you :-)

Replies

• proverbs31chick
    proverbs31chick Posts: 485 Member
    I am currently doing the 30 day shred and going to the gym for my cardio, such as treadmill and the bike. I get my circuit training with weights from the dvd, I think doing a dvd and working out in the gym is a great combo.
  • soccermom004
    soccermom004 Posts: 444 Member
    Do whatever you think you can handle. For me it's a time issue. With four kids the evenings are out of the question once I get home from work so I do pretty much all my exercise in the morning.
  • HealthierMamasita
    HealthierMamasita Posts: 1,126 Member
    I finished my 30 day shred this month and got GREAT results. Body parts slimmed down, lost a few inches here and there & gained muscle! Lost almost 5 pounds.

My workout plan after finsihing the 30DS was to mix in Billy Blanks Tae Bo and continue doing 30DS 3x a week but for me, 30DS gave me such a great workout. Tae Bo wasn't cutting it for me so I dropped it.

So I went to my library and checked out what they had and decided to try The Biggest Loser Cardio Max Weight-Loss. It also has 3 levels: level 1 is 35 minutes, level 2 is 45 minutes and level 3 is 55 minutes. Had to do each level for 1-2 weeks for 4-5 days. It did make me sweat like a pig but just couldn't get into it like I did with the 30DS.

I am now going to start up 30DS again LOL Will do it no less than 3x a week. I started doing Gold's Gym Cardio Workout(not sure if that's the name) on the Wii and it's a really good workout. I'm not looking for a workout that will make me sweat. I need and want a workout that will help me tone up some of my jigglies.

I say do whatever feels right for you. As long as your body isn't telling you to stop, go right ahead but you should give yourself a rest day.
  • MMClark80
    MMClark80 Posts: 27 Member
    I would do what you feel most comfortable with doing...I think that it might benefit you to do both (obviously! :)) but, just listen to your body...I love both Billy Blanks & Jillian's 30DS, so I will alternate in between the two of them & I think you will see great results with both, as I have before. Good luck, friend! :smile:
  • Charlea1981
    Charlea1981 Posts: 72 Member
    Thank you all for your replies. I think I will either alternate between workouts or combine two such as 30 day shread with Tae bo! But will listen to my body and ensure I have breaks!! Charlea :-)
This discussion has been closed.