The Easy way or the Hard way!?....what's it gonna be??

“The Easy way or the Hard way!.......”

I have posted a few topics on here sharing some thoughts and opinions in the hope that it in some way it will help someone else, here’s another.

We are faced with this choice a lot more than we think in my opinion, there is an easy and a hard way to do most things. Normally the easy way offers quick rewards for low effort whilst the hard way takes time and effort but offers much better rewards, rewards that might not be apparent straight away!

For example, Losing weight….the easy way? I think its fad diets, eating plans, VLC Diets etc…..they fit under the easy section, little effort for quick rewards. The hard way?....simple…Counting Calories and exercising! The easy way may seem like a good option at the time, but easy come….easy go! You lose crazy numbers like 10lbs a week and I’m pretty sure those numbers will creep back on almost as quick. The hard way takes a lot longer, offers less of a loss per week for a lot more effort but for me, its only way to make the changes stick!...anyone agree??

Making the Hard choices is not learning the hard way, that’s different. If you learn the hard way you have probably already exhausted all easy options and now the hard way is more like the almost impossible way. Sometimes the easy options in life always lead to the harder ones further down the line, so why waste time?

I got fed up of taking the easy route and promised myself 2011 would be done the hard way and I haven’t looked back since! I have met some amazing, motivational and beautiful people and one very special person so far! People I would not have met if I had taken the easy option this year and for me that is just as rewarding as seeing the scale shift closer to my goal each week!!

So what’s it gonna be!!??

For the people attacking 2011 the hard way, it’s gonna be just that! HARD, but hard does not mean it is not possible, so stick with it guys and reap the long term rewards which I am pretty sure will not just be a new healthier you!

It’s easy to quit when the going gets tough, but that’s not gonna bother you is it?? Because 2011 is your HARD year!!! :)

Ben.

Replies

• dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    Good post.
  • porcelain_doll
    porcelain_doll Posts: 1,005 Member
    Amen, Ben! Love this post! Glad I added you as one of my cheerleaders - you've got the right attitude! :smile:
  • whiskey9890
    whiskey9890 Posts: 652 Member
    good post.

i'm normally all for the easy way but i'm trying to do this the hard way granted i'm stumbling quite a bit but i keep getting back up and trying again.
  • Ben2118
    Ben2118 Posts: 571 Member
    Amen, Ben! Love this post! Glad I added you as one of my cheerleaders - you've got the right attitude! :smile:

Where are my Pom Pom's!!?? :laugh:
  • PeachyKeene
    PeachyKeene Posts: 1,645 Member
    :drinker: Cheers to a hard Year!!!
  • T0M0
    T0M0 Posts: 250 Member
    Enjoyed reading that Ben, you seem so motivated and never come across negative in any way. I'm sure to your close friends your an inspiration and a great guy to have around being so positive.

Just a quick question as I'm nosey, did you meet the special person you refer to in your post on MFP?.

:smile:
  • Ben2118
    Ben2118 Posts: 571 Member
    Enjoyed reading that Ben, you seem so motivated and never come across negative in any way. I'm sure to your close friends your an inspiration and a great guy to have around being so positive.

Just a quick question as I'm nosey, did you meet the special person you refer to in your post on MFP?.

Cheers Paul (your user name will confuse ppl now! lol), its the only way to make this work, staying positive :), and yes I did.
  • porcelain_doll
    porcelain_doll Posts: 1,005 Member

Cheers Paul (your user name will confuse ppl now! lol), its the only way to make this work, staying positive :), and yes I did.
    Aww, that's cool. I think it'd be neat to meet someone on here.

By the way, I'm overnighting some pom-poms over to the UK. I hope I got the address right. Otherwise, you might have to go to Buckingham Palace and pick them up. Might have some explaining to do. :wink: