Sick and wanting to move HELP!

vauleese
vauleese Posts: 75
edited September 24 in Fitness and Exercise
I caught a bad case of the flu from my oldest daughter while she was home for Winter Break. I decided that coughing be darned I was going to jog this morning, which I did. Although it was cold and raining I still went out even for a little jaunt to get my heart rate up. Now though I'm coughing more then before. Can someone give me suggestions to get my blood pumping but not aggrivate my condition. (FYI drinking hot tea with lemon and taking OTC medicine to get this bug to the curb)

Replies

• dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    Do you even notice that jerms are the only thing kids share??? :wink: :wink:

Take it easy. You could walk instead of run. It wil get you moving without the lung iritation.

Get well soon.
    :flowerforyou:
  • Honey is a natural cough suppressant, add some to your tea. If you have stairs in you home you could probably go up and down a few times. Honestly though, with the flu, you just need to rest and get well. Trying to do to much can make you worse cause you need the rest for your body to fight the flu. I hope you feel better soon. Oh, (you prob already have it) Thera flu works wonders, however it tastes horrible. Hot dr pepper and a shot of Jack will help you relax and feel better too.
  • chanstriste13
    chanstriste13 Posts: 3,277 Member
    get better first. it will be worth it in the long haul. :flowerforyou:
  • strandedeyes
    strandedeyes Posts: 392 Member
    You need to rest!

I just am getting over a cold / flu like sickness and as much as I wanted to move and workout, I had to rest.

Drink tons of fluids (water is the best).

Lemon Tea with a little bit of honey soothes the throat.

No dairy as that will irritate the throat.

If you want to exercise, walking (not in the rain....), or some yoga. Stay warm and relaxed as possible.

Feel better!! (sorry this was very much in a list form....)
  • Thanks guys, guess I'll just bite the bullet and take it easy. I'm so happy I've lost a total of 5lbs in the past 4 weeks I just wanted to keep that momentum going.
  • david081
    david081 Posts: 489 Member
    Exercising whilst sufferring a virus like this is actually unsafe, and you should rest - I won't last long!
  • strandedeyes
    strandedeyes Posts: 392 Member
    Thanks guys, guess I'll just bite the bullet and take it easy. I'm so happy I've lost a total of 5lbs in the past 4 weeks I just wanted to keep that momentum going.

Oh I totally know how you feel about keeping the momentum going, and keep it going in my mind :) I kept within my calorie goals and actually lost 2 lbs while sick. I think it was also the intake of insane amounts of water.
This discussion has been closed.