Help, I cheated!

Options
I have been doing MFP since Christmas and I've lost almost 25lb. I have been doing really great and living religiously by MFP. But yesterday I CHEATED. I went wedding cake tasting and had dinner with my family and spent QT with them until the late hours so I didn't work out. :( I need some tips for getting back into the swing of things after a blunder. In the past I've struggled with ever diet in that I'd do good for a week or so and then as soon as I fell of the wagon I ate the wagon!! What is the best way to move ahead without dwelling on yesterday's missteps?

Replies

123456654321 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    It's really not that hard, just get back to your normal routine today.
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    Log the damage you did in your food diary and start fresh today. The greatest thing I have learned is to not get too hung up on any missteps I make. I didn't get fat from eating terribly for just one day and I won't get thin by eating perfectly for one day.
  • chanstriste13
    chanstriste13 Posts: 3,277 Member
    Options
    Log the damage you did in your food diary and start fresh today. The greatest thing I have learned is to not get too hung up on any missteps I make. I didn't get fat from eating terribly for just one day and I won't get thin by eating perfectly for one day.

agreed. well stated!
  • piccolarj
    piccolarj Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    You answered yourself!! You move ahead without dwelling on yesterday! One day will not ruin all you have accomplished. Remember this is a lifestyle change not a diet and sometimes in life stuff happens and you don't always make the best choices but you can make a choice today to continue with your goals or give up!. I hope you choose to continue and not let one day undo all of your hard work. Just remember YOU are worth it!!
  • picturesing
    Options
    First of all....Don't be mean to you! We all have "those" days and you just need to let it go. Don't punish yourself or beat yourself up. Remember that you had a great time with your family and spent Quality Time with them - that time is priceless!!! Today is a new day and this is how you should face everyday - today is a new day - a fresh start.
    A positive attitude and outlook will pull you through anything.
    Chin up - chest out and move on....
    Best Wishes!!!!!!!!!
  • sauza
    sauza Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    don't think of it as a mistake. think of it as life. sometimes, I take a calendar with holidays (including personal family holidays) and just take them all into considerations, and allow for surprises. I just consider that I am dealing with 365 days. A few here and there are to be expected, athletes usually schedule in days like that. so..... ummm, welcome back to your routine :)
  • kelligonzales
    Options
    It's not like you drank a tub-o-lard! Just keep doing what you normally do your body won't even notice. You've been doing this for long enough that you can go off for even two or three days and your body won't react.
  • Kelly2251
    Options
    I give myself missteps at least once a month... one day that is a free day where I don't nit pick every little thing I eat or do... It usually makes me feel better if I at least exercise on that day... but even weight watchers gives you free days... :) Don't worry about it and get back into the routine of things today... also plan ahead... if you know you have something coming up, save your day for that event...
  • amaried621
    amaried621 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    It's going to happen, period. You can't stay on track every single day without ever going over one day. As others stated, just log it and maybe seeing how much you took in will be your motivation to not do it again. At least for a while. You can't completely deprive yourself of certain foods - just make sure you are on track 99% of the time. Don't be so hard on yourself! I've done the same thing and felt sooo guilty. But no big deal. Just get right back on the wagon!
  • imgonnadoit123
    imgonnadoit123 Posts: 49 Member
    Options

Exactly..the important thing is to log the damage...it's humiating and that is punishment enough for me. But then I start looking forward to the next week.
  • bekka_boot
    bekka_boot Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Don't worry, it happens to us all! Just try to stay positive and think about your previous success. 25 lbs is just amazing, it proves that you have real determination and willpower.
  • vauleese
    Options
    First off, dont beat yourself up!

I can honestly say that I stepped away from MFP for over a month and more then likely gained back the small amount of weight I lost (infact I know I did) then came DH's idea to go to MY favorite place for our 11 year Anniversary! No way was I going and looking like I did last time I went! I quickly came back to MFP and joined WW then I got my rear in gear!

Second: Congrats on the 25lb LOSS! That's AWESOME!
  • girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    Options
    log it and move on.

I find it actually motivates me more to have really good healthy days after times I've had a blowout - it's like by eating clean the next day I'm cleansing all the bad stuff out.

Don't think of this process of one where you can't enjoy yourself - remember the happy day you had, not the food you ate.
  • RoadDog
    RoadDog Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    I have been doing MFP since Christmas and I've lost almost 25lb. I have been doing really great and living religiously by MFP. But yesterday I CHEATED. I went wedding cake tasting and had dinner with my family and spent QT with them until the late hours so I didn't work out. :( I need some tips for getting back into the swing of things after a blunder. In the past I've struggled with ever diet in that I'd do good for a week or so and then as soon as I fell of the wagon I ate the wagon!! What is the best way to move ahead without dwelling on yesterday's missteps?

You're a bad girl. Go to my room.