A Letter to my Body (please post yours!)

Options
Dear Body,

I know we’ve had our differences over the years, but I’d like to take a minute to thank you for supporting me – pun absolutely intended. Your unconditional love is astounding.

Through the years, I’ve abused you, neglected you, hated you, and cursed you. I’ve put caustic, unhealthy, fatty, poison into you. I blamed you when we became sick, when we ached, and when we packed on, literally, hundreds of excess pounds. I’ve called you names and berated you.

Yet you were the wise and steadfast one. You gave me the signals I needed, even though I rarely listened. You rebounded from every self-inflicted insult. You persisted. And you continue to amaze me.

My Mind is finally catching up with you, Body. I’m beginning to see your amazing potential. I’m becoming aware of what you can do. It continues to shock me what you are a capable of. The braver I get and the more I try, the better you become. My only regret now is that it’s taken 36 years to realize you’re my ally, not my enemy.

I’m looking forward to the next 36 years, my friend. I know you’ll be there for me as you always have been. And this time, I’m ready to work with you. I'm ready to embrace you as you have me. Together, we can do ANYTHING.

Replies

• OLP76
    OLP76 Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Dear Body,

I absolutely love you! More than ever...

Love,
    Myself :smile:
  • anewattitude
    anewattitude Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    that is a very positive letter you wrote for yourself. Thanks for sharing it with us as well :)

best wishes!
  • divabrat9
    Options
    Mocha, that is really beautiful. I feel you, girl! :)
  • gooberr4
    gooberr4 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Dear Body,

I'm really sorry for not treating you the best in the past. I'm going to change this time and never go back to my old ways. You are so strong!! You continue to amaze me. You never quit on me. I will never doubt you again. All we have to do is get through the next couple months and we'll be so happy! You'll love the cute new clothes I'm going to buy for you and in the summer, I'm never going to stop showing you off. :)

love you body!

-me
  • kevanos
    kevanos Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Dear body,

You are a science experiement that I have neglected for sometime now. I am re-shapping the parameters of the experiement with hypothesis based on scientific evidence and proven theroires for weight loss. The result so far reflect what has been aticipated, weight loss. I expect the weight loss to continue if I continue to run the experiment as planned.

Thank you human body, for being a predictable biological process.
  • MochaMixAZ
    MochaMixAZ Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    Dear Body,

I'm really sorry for not treating you the best in the past. I'm going to change this time and never go back to my old ways. You are so strong!! You continue to amaze me. You never quit on me. I will never doubt you again. All we have to do is get through the next couple months and we'll be so happy! You'll love the cute new clothes I'm going to buy for you and in the summer, I'm never going to stop showing you off. :)

love you body!

-me

Great letter!
  • MochaMixAZ
    MochaMixAZ Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    Dear body,

You are a science experiement that I have neglected for sometime now. I am re-shapping the parameters of the experiement with hypothesis based on scientific evidence and proven theroires for weight loss. The result so far reflect what has been aticipated, weight loss. I expect the weight loss to continue if I continue to run the experiment as planned.

Thank you human body, for being a predictable biological process.

LOL Your body's funny, too! (and I mean that in the best possible way!)