March Calorie Marathan - Stay under cal goal every day!

2»

Replies

• Day 4 - March Challenge! Tonight I'm doing weight lifting and abs :) Last night I did cardio, light weights and kickboxing and was right under my calorie goal! What are YOU going to do today??

Rich - I like your plan, Iook forward to your gains by the end of the month. Great job yesterday on your cals!

Barelmy, you're making me hungry! Great job on doing 2 hours of krav maga training, that's seriously intense, you definitely deserved your reward treats :)
  • mazza500
    mazza500 Posts: 1
    Coming in on Day 4, hope it's not to late to join the party?

Need to get motivated if I am gonna fit into last years shorts....
  • Welcome Mazza! Not too late at all :)

Good goal, shorts for summer is always a great motivation, how have you been doing so far?
  • Barelmy
    Barelmy Posts: 590 Member
    Barelmy, you're making me hungry! Great job on doing 2 hours of krav maga training, that's seriously intense, you definitely deserved your reward treats :)

The problem was that, because I didn't plan well, I spent my calories on sweets and greasy food that I didn't even want that much (apart from the dark chocolate almonds). I could afford it, calorie-wise, but I suffered nutrient-wise and didn't get my (v) bacon sammich.:(
  • Day 7 of March Challenge! Sunday was great, stayed under my calories and did an hour workout, I'm soooo sore today. OUCH! I may just do Yoga X tonight and get some stretch and core work done. What are you doing today? :)

Barelmy - don't you hate that? You didn't even really want what you ate, feel bleh afterwards and screws up your day. I'm no stranger to that, which is one of the exact reasons I started this challenge, to get into the habit of better planning.
  • Day 9 - March Challenge! Much needed night off last night, I got a chiropractic adjustment because I was all out of wack, relaxed and slept, met my calorie goal and now am feeling much better! Tonight, I'm going to probably do Yoga, just take it easy until I'm 100% What are you all doing today?!
  • Barelmy
    I'm going to go ahead and post my before stats. Anyone is welcome to copy my style, though they don't have to.:)

28th February 2011;

Weight: 129lbs
    Neck: 12
    Waist: 27.5
    Hips: 35.9
    BMI/Body Fat Percentage: 21.1/22.9%

Photos:

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j99/Yunalookalike/MMBefore001.jpg
    http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j99/Yunalookalike/MMBefore002.jpg
    http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j99/Yunalookalike/MMBefore003.jpg

Goals for the Month:

* Carry on with Cto5k - I'm just starting week 2, and it's going better than I'd hoped!
    * Drink enough water.
    * Increase lean muscle mass, and drop my body fat percentage to 22.5%. I don't so much mind what my weight and BMI do.
    * Get that waist measurement down to 27.
    * Practice kicking at head hight until I can reliably and efficiently break an attackers nose.:D
    * See a firmer, flatter, stomach.
    * Eat better when I'm with my boyfriend. At the moment, because I'm a vegan, he doesn't know what to feed me, and I really don't want to buy food to keep at his place, carry food over from my place, or ask him to buy food for me (it's a new relationship). So we end up grabbing snacks, and food from the McDonalds next door.
    * Try to up my protein consumption.
    * Run an entire mile!
    - In under eight minutes!

Day 10 Update

10/3/2011

Weight: 127.5 lbs -1.5
    Neck: 12.25 +0.25
    Waist: 27.2 -0.3
    Hips: 35.5 -0.4
    BMI/Body Fat Percentage: 20.9/21.21% -0.2/-1.69%

No more photos until the end of the month, I'm not that brave.;p

Goals for the Month:

* Carry on with Cto5k - I'm just starting week 2, and it's going better than I'd hoped!
    - I need to redo W3D2, but I surprised myself even by completing W3D1. It's going pretty well.

* Drink enough water.
    - Working harder on that recently. Aiming for 8-12 glasses a day.

* Increase lean muscle mass, and drop my body fat percentage to 22.5%. I don't so much mind what my weight and BMI do.
    - smashed it!

- 27.2, it's going. I think I'm on track.

* Practice kicking at head hight until I can reliably and efficiently break an attackers nose.:D
    - not yet, but I give a mean kick to the groin. And you don't want to get hit with one of my roundhouse kicks.

- Hard to tell, but my waist is smaller, and my clothes either fit better or fall off me.

* Eat better when I'm with my boyfriend. At the moment, because I'm a vegan, he doesn't know what to feed me, and I really don't want to buy food to keep at his place, carry food over from my place, or ask him to buy food for me (it's a new relationship). So we end up grabbing snacks, and food from the McDonalds next door.
    - I'm giving up chips (fries) for lent, which will help. He's started buying vegan margarine, so I can always have toast, and last week, I took all the ingredients over and made us both a vegan fry up (with no frying!). I'm going to get some tins of lentil and vegetable soup, and get him to keep them in the cupboard for me.

- I'm going to buy some hemp powder today.

* Run an entire mile!
    I'm not so on track for this. I'm not sure of my speed, but I know I can't run a mile yet - three minutes is my maximum. I bet I can manage half a mile before the end of the month, though.
  • wriglucy
    wriglucy Posts: 1,064 Member
    Do'h. I went over yesterday. We had thunderstorms...and I'm terrified of thunder storms. So, I had some to drink :) Which...led to eating more calories :) Back on track today though! And...10 days into March, and only over 2 days....I''m 8 for 10! :)
  • Barelmy - GREAT JOB!! You are doing wonderful already, only 10 days in! I love your goals and progress, truly inspiration for me today :)

Lucy - Not bad at all, I've been over my calories twice but the goal is to stay close to them so as long as you get back on track and have more good days than bad, you're definitely doing good :)
  • Day 14 - March Challege - We're halway through our challenge! I hope you all are doing great, last night was good, I was way under my cals and busted an hour of intervals, weights and abs. Tonight is heavy lifting! What are you doing today?

I was away from a computer for the weekend so I'm a little behind, I hope you all had a great weekend :)
  • Barelmy
    I'm going to go ahead and post my before stats. Anyone is welcome to copy my style, though they don't have to.:)

28th February 2011;

Photos:

Goals for the Month:

* Drink enough water.
    * Run an entire mile!

Day 10 Update

10/3/2011

Goals for the Month:

- I need to redo W3D2, but I surprised myself even by completing W3D1. It's going pretty well.

* Drink enough water.

- smashed it!

- not yet, but I give a mean kick to the groin. And you don't want to get hit with one of my roundhouse kicks.

- Hard to tell, but my waist is smaller, and my clothes either fit better or fall off me.

- I'm giving up chips (fries) for lent, which will help. He's started buying vegan margarine, so I can always have toast, and last week, I took all the ingredients over and made us both a vegan fry up (with no frying!). I'm going to get some tins of lentil and vegetable soup, and get him to keep them in the cupboard for me.

* Run an entire mile!
    I'm not so on track for this. I'm not sure of my speed, but I know I can't run a mile yet - three minutes is my maximum. I bet I can manage half a mile before the end of the month, though.

Day 20 Update

20/3/2011

Weight: 126.75 lbs -2.25
    Neck: 12 +0
    Waist: 26.8 -0.7
    BMI: 20.8 -0.3
    Body Fat Percentage: I've switched calculators, which gives my percentage as 23.2 on the 28/2, 22.1 on the 10/3, and 21.7 today. So a change of -1.5%

Goals for the Month:

- Starting W4 next week. W3 was hard!

* Drink enough water.
    - Had a few bad days, but doing pretty well.

- smashed it!
    :D

- Nasty patronising man at krav learned not to be patronising to someone you're sparring with.

- same. But, I now have all four gaps between my legs, instead of just three. I was missing the top one before.

- I'm aiming to hit at least my RDA of 46g, and I've been managing okay so far.

* Run an entire mile!
    - If I can run the full five minutes in W4, I'll be able to cover half a mile.
  • Barelmy

28th February 2011;

Photos:

Goals for the Month:

* Drink enough water.
    * Run an entire mile!

Day 10 Update

10/3/2011

Goals for the Month:

* Drink enough water.

- smashed it!

* Run an entire mile!

Day 20 Update

20/3/2011

Waist: 26.8 -0.7
    Body Fat Percentage: I've switched calculators, which gives my percentage as 23.2 on the 28/2, 22.1 on the 10/3, and 21.7 today. So a change of -1.5%

Goals for the Month:

* Drink enough water.

- smashed it!

- Nasty patronising man at krav learned not to be patronising to someone you're sparring with.

- same. But, I now have all four gaps between my legs, instead of just three. I was missing the top one before.

* Run an entire mile!

Day 30 Update

30/3/2011

Waist: 26.5 -1
    Hips: 35.6 -0.3

21.4% -1.8%

Goals for the Month:

- Repping W4, but did a lot better than I expected last week.

* Drink enough water.
    - Had one bad day, iirc, but otherwise, doing excellently.

- smashed it!

-26.5!

-Another nasty patronising man at krav. Been working out my upper body more so they stop being nasty and patronising.

- Looks better in real life, but not in pictures.

- We had a picnic! It was lovely.

- Generally hitting my RDA of 46g. Aiming for something between that and 63g (half my body weight in pounds).

* Run an entire mile!
    - I ran the full five minutes, but not sure if I covered half a mile in that time.
  • RichB77
    RichB77 Posts: 88
    Ok, the March Challenge over.
    Final stats for me:
    3.5kg weight loss,
    1 inch off my neck,
    3 inches from my tummy
    and 3 inches off my hips. :happy: :bigsmile:

All in all, i'd say that's some mega progress!! April, HERE I COME!!!!! :drinker:
  • Barelmy & Rich - GREAT job!!! It's amazing to hear about your progress!!

Go sign up for the April challenge I posted!
This discussion has been closed.