summer challenge- from Parka to bathing suit!

Options
I just read a post about a summer challenge.. however, the author had a great idea. She mentioned that sometimes these challenges can become overwhelming when you have 100s of people joining in and you can't really help motivate or get to know the people you are in the challenge with! She is right.. I am doing a St. Patty's Day challenge where there is tons of people and I barely have time to read who is struggling and need some extra motivation or who needs a cyber high-five for a job well done. So I am stealing her idea (sorry, but thanks for the idea nonetheless). So I would like to start another summer challenge (Summer Challenge - part 2) lol.. maybe 10 people so we can all movtivate one another, share excercises and recipes to be fit and fab for bathing suit weather. Because right now, I would rather move to the North Pole and wear a parka then relax on the beach with a skimpy bathing suit.. I need HELP! So first 10 people who want to do this with me.. leave a comment.. I would be honored!

3952961.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Replies

• Harshberger24
    Options
    wow maybe since my ticker added twice that means I have lost 8lbs instead of 4??? already liking this challenge!
  • joynova
    joynova Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Hi! I would love to be part of this challenge...this will be my first. :-) I'm pretty new to the website and could really use the motivation a challenge would give!
  • jillbarnes
    Options
    I love the the idea of having fewer ppl in the challenge. It will be my first challenge as well.
    JILL

4592919.png
  • molissep
    molissep Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    i'm in - i just booked a beach trip for a week in august and bought a new bathing suit that doesn't look fantastic on me...yet!
  • mes1921
    mes1921 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Haven't done a challenge before either. Just got remotivated after needing to get my gallbladder removed at age 20 (both from hereditary stuff and a high-fat diet). Definitely wanting to get to the point of enjoying swimsuit weather while comfortable in a swimsuit!
  • chelsea32291
    Options
    I'd love to be part of this challenge also! I'm "supposed" to be in a couple others, but there is just way too many people in them and I feel like I can't keep up. So I'm excited for this!
  • Harshberger24
    Options
    Hi! I would love to be part of this challenge...this will be my first. :-) I'm pretty new to the website and could really use the motivation a challenge would give!

Fantastic!!! Your in!!! We can do this!
  • Serenitytoo
    Serenitytoo Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I am in the same St. Patrick's challenge, and it is just too big, too hard to make real connections. Other challenges I have been in before top out around 15 and then there is usually some that drop out.
  • Harshberger24
    Options
    I love the the idea of having fewer ppl in the challenge. It will be my first challenge as well.
    JILL

4592919.png

AWESOME! I hope this works!! I have never organized one before lol.. the St. Patty's day challenge is my first!
  • skinnyshirt
    skinnyshirt Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Im in, I have bever been part of a challenge either.
  • bitabee
    bitabee Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I would love to be a part of this challenge, it will be my first as well! After seeing a picture of me in my favorite suit last summer, that's actually when I joined MFP- lost some weight, but kind of fell off the wagon during the holidays. I'm back and super motivated this time!!!
  • Becs25
    Becs25 Posts: 79
    Options
    Did I make the top ten? I would love to join.
  • Harshberger24
    Options
    i'm in - i just booked a beach trip for a week in august and bought a new bathing suit that doesn't look fantastic on me...yet!

COOL! You will look awesome in that bathing suit.. I will wait till we get our 10 or so and then post some details and we can decide on a weigh-in date!
  • Katherine1687
    Katherine1687 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I am in!!

Going to Ibiza in the summer. I know I won't be at my goal weight by then but hopefully will lose a significant amount!!

Good Luck everyone

Luv Kat:smile:
  • Harshberger24
    Options
    I'd love to be part of this challenge also! I'm "supposed" to be in a couple others, but there is just way too many people in them and I feel like I can't keep up. So I'm excited for this!

I agree I am not doing too well in the others because there is 12 pages to sort through during the first week!
  • Harshberger24
    Options

I agree I am not doing too well in the others because there is 12 pages to sort through during the first week!
  • Harshberger24
    Options

absolutely!
  • Harshberger24
    Options

absolutely!
  • k_harvey
    k_harvey Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hello!

I would love to participate in this also and am typing fast because 2 more people replied while I was distracted! :-) We are going on a trip to Palm Springs in April when my boys' (7 and 10yrs) are on spring break and then a summer vacation in June so I have two goals that I want to work toward and would love to feel and look great in a bikini! Or even shorts and tank tops for that matter.....
  • chelsea32291
    Options
    I'm in! Haven't done a challenge before either. Just got remotivated after needing to get my gallbladder removed at age 20 (both from hereditary stuff and a high-fat diet). Definitely wanting to get to the point of enjoying swimsuit weather while comfortable in a swimsuit!

I'm in the same boat as you! I had my gallbladder out when I was 17 (almost 20 now). I just wasn't as motivated after I got mine out. Not until I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism and the lbs shot up! Boooo. Haha.