B Vitamin Complex for Weightloss?

Options
Hello, A family memeber of mine is doing Dr. Berentstein, which they call Medically Supervised Weightloss. She has seen results right from the first week. The do weekly injections of vitamins (suppossedly) into the stomach area. Then you have to take a B vitamin Complex Vitamin. You also follow a very strict diet with virtually no sugar, very limited fruits and calories. Has anyone done this program or know anymore about it? Im not wanting to pay thousands of dollars for this questionable program but just wondering if B Vitamin Complex Vitamin is worth taking for help with weightloss?

266427.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Replies

• luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    The program I have been on (no injections) has worked for a lot of people and is doctor recommended as well. I lost 19 pounds my first 2 weeks. 40 pounds in 2 months. All the while I am eating 6 meals a day, AND only one meal that I have to actually think about, the rest are grab and go.

The program teaches you the health habits needed to maintain your loss as well.

Not sure that I would want injections into my stomach to lose weight --but I do have a friend who is doing a program that sounds very similar to it, just don't know the name of it, and she had good initial results, but much slower now.

Good luck
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    A B complex supplement is unlikely to hurt you and may be some help if you either haven't been eating a balanced diet or are over 45 or so (we become less able to absorb certain B vitamins from food efficiently as we age) or drink heavily. I wouldn't expect it to be a 'magic bullet' for weight loss, but rather to cover your bases in case you weren't getting enough B's previously.
  • Catzwitch
    Catzwitch Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I get b-complex and b-12 vitamins from Wal-mart as part of my daily routine. Not sure how much they help with the weight loss, but they help keep my energy up throughout the day so I can keep going, even on low calories!
  • Luvmesumkenny
    Luvmesumkenny Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    Hi there!!!
    I'm currently getting Vitamin B-12 injections once a week and I'm following a very strict low fat diet... Ive been doing this for 8 weeks and I'm already down almost 30 pounds...
  • ngoat
    ngoat Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I get b-complex and b-12 vitamins from Wal-mart as part of my daily routine. Not sure how much they help with the weight loss, but they help keep my energy up throughout the day so I can keep going, even on low calories!

ditto!
  • Emoore81
    Options
    I'm willing to bet the very strict low-calorie diet has about 100x more to do with the weight loss than the B vitamin injections. Lower your food intake and take a daily multivitamin. You'll be fine.
  • Emoore81
    Options
    Sorry double post
  • VBos
    VBos Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    this sounds like the HCG diet