introducing my new self

Options
New here and introducing myself. I want to eat a clean diet that is a life style change. I have a gastric band but am not currently using it to lose weight. If i tighten it I will not be able to eat the fruits and vegetables I so want to get in the habit of eating. {unless I blend them yuck!!] So I want to eat real food. whole foods and I have been doing okay on that for awhile but still need to get rid of the coffee drinks. you know those deserts in a cup that come in liquid form that seems unfair to have to count it as a caloric intake but usually packs enough in 16 ounces for a whole meal. UGH and french friesaka blood sugar bombs.

The hardest part for me is I need to exercise. I need to get up and move. I work 12 hour shifts and some days are just eat work sleep and no time for anything else but I have to make time. I really really need to exercise. that is my hardest thing to get started and keep going.

Happy to be here though :smile:

Replies

• Tiffanyluvsaaron
    Options
    welcome and I think you will like it here..you can add me if you want :D
  • bammashell
    bammashell Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    :drinker: glad your hear i love the coffee drinks also and i would love to have you as a friend
  • lwoodbury73
    Options
    Thanks.
  • lwoodbury73
    Options
    Thank you for the thoughts. :happy:
  • slaos07
    slaos07 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Welcome! And a suggestion on your coffee drinks. If you make them yourself they have much fewer calories. I can make a white chocolate mocha at home for about 150 calories, where at Starbucks it is around 500. Its all in the ingredients. And at home it only costs around $1 to make, where it's $5 to buy. Good luck!