Frustrated? That's putting it mildly!

Options
I am no stranger to weight loss. This is my second major weight loss journey. In the first one, I lost 50 lbs, and kept it off for 18 months. Then I put back on 30 lbs in my second pregnancy. I was sick all the time, up until the day I delivered, and I lived on whatever I could keep down... mostly donuts and ice cream. Strangely, donut weight does not disappear upon delivery :-)

Now I'm 2 years past that, and I feel ready to tackle this major journey again, but I just can't seem to make it happen. I have been on MFP since the fall, and have lost only 11 lbs. Now don't get me wrong, I am glad to not be wearing that extra 11 lbs, but I am sick of this turtle pace! It seems like there is no rhyme or reason to how I lose weight. Some weeks I follow the plan to a "T" and lose nothing, sometimes I splurge and see a loss. Most weeks, I stay pretty much the same.

Is this just my mid-thirties metabolism showing me who's boss? Short of going all "Biggest Loser", is there a way to keep the loss more consistent instead of spotty and unpredictable?