Do you log everything?

Options
13»

Replies

• robertf57
    robertf57 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    I am a log Nazi! It keeps me accountable.
  • That_Girl
    That_Girl Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    I log everything. Everyday. Every bite. EVERYTHING.

I have to be accountable to myself. I cannot "sneak" something, or "sample" anything without it going on my log. It's not about "ha! gotcha!" but more just to know what I'm doing and my patterns.

My journal is public :smile: Have a look!
  • chocbeast
    chocbeast Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I've been logging everything, I sometimes miss out a couple of unsweetened teas but I'm not too bothered about those as only about 15 cals a go.
  • Walorie
    Options
    Absolutely everything...every day! Keeps me honest! :happy:
  • Macacadopai
    Macacadopai Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I log everything every day except Saturdays. Only bcs it's my "night out", I always eat dinner at my parents place or a restaurant, and although I always do eat healthy, (like choose salads, skip the alcohol and dessert etc.) I can never be sure of EXACTLY how many calories I've consumed. So I just leave it blank :) Too much hassle to try and count how many calories there are in the salmon salad has when u'r sitting and enjoying yourself at a restaurant :) So not logging doesn't necessarily mean eating unhealthy :)
  • 1113cw
    1113cw Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    I log absolutely everything, everyday. I have found that I'm far more aware of what I'm eating now then before. I never knew just how many calories were in so many things that I thought "weren't terrible" (sandwiches at Panera for instance). And it also helps me gauge on how much I need to burn so I know exactly where I'm at.
  • happyhaunt
    happyhaunt Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I've just started this week but I'm logging every little thing I can. Even if there's hardly any calories in it.
  • sleight119
    Options
    I log everything even if its just a lil i add it as the all of it
  • jae6704
    jae6704 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I have been trying to log everything that I eat. I do forget the water but before I eat, I add it. At night for dinner I enter it in as I make it that way it is all done. The first two meals of the day and snacks are pretty much the same so it is pretty easy. but dinner is harder at this point.
  • jae6704
    jae6704 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I have been trying to log everything that I eat. I do forget the water but before I eat, I add it. At night for dinner I enter it in as I make it that way it is all done. The first two meals of the day and snacks are pretty much the same so it is pretty easy. but dinner is harder at this point.
  • rc630
    rc630 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I pretty much log everything..
    The only exception is little bites/samples of something. I know that one bite of cake, one bite of brownie, one bite of chocolate, etc. adds up but I mean this for when it is truly just a bite. If I eat a cookie, I will log it, but if I have 2 mini marshmallows or one potato chip from a friend or something like that, I wont like it.
    This is mostly because, while I want to lose weight, I want to just live my life without worrying about it all the time. I'm not going to take out my phone, search for what I ate, figure out what percentage of the portion size I just had, and log it... it's not worth stressing about. I exercise about 6 days a week and I log all of my meals and snacks; there's no reason to worry about a 50 calorie difference in my daily total. I don't log it whenever I go up the stairs or carry a heavy box, so I figure I won't log the little bits I might eat in a day. They probably just about cancel out anyway, and it has worked for me so far.
  • Barelmy
    Barelmy Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    in fact i log it twice.. sorta... first i use the food diary as a menu planner to figure out what i can have and what i can fit in still.. then once i have the meal i adjust the amounts as and if needed.
    That way no unpleasant surprises by end of the day *LOL*

I do that. It really helps.
  • RichB77
    RichB77 Posts: 88
    Options
    I can't understand why anyone wouldn't log everything?!
    I'm pretty much religious now with reporting everything i eat and drink. I use it to plan forward so that if i want an alcoholic drink in the evening, i have to factor in being really good during the day, and most likely do some exercise too.
    I know why people forget the weekends, they eat or drink too much and are ashamed to report in! That was like me in January, although you quickly learn how bad a lifestyle you're leading!! ;-)