Supplements??

Options
Okay, here's a question...not that I'm looking for some get skinny quick kind of pills....I want to lose weight safely...but I was wondering if there were any safe supplements for women that speed up metabolism....any suggestions would help...

Replies

• Alphastate
    Alphastate Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Most fat burners out today are actually great if your body can handle stimulants. Oxyelite Pro and Cellucor D4 are two very popular products. Also CLA is a great supplement that aids in keeping fat off, although it may not neccessarily increase metabolism. If you have any other questions, shoot me a message.
  • scd78
    scd78 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    bump
  • leelee03
    leelee03 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I took weight concious one a day vitamins and they seemed to work well for me...they just have green tea and cranberry to help boost metabolism...but make sure to take them with a meal, or they will make you sick : P
  • spaboleo
    spaboleo Posts: 172
    Options
    I would avoid all supplements at all, because their "magic" doesn't come from within your body. Plus: most of them are totally overdosed!
    They all have a downside: Your body becomes addicted/dependet.

If you start to discontinue taking them your overall metabolism will get confused.
    It is the same as if you were a professional athlete who worksout 8 hours each days and suddenly stops. As a result you will again gain weight.

Those little helpers are really dirty...and their effect is never long-lasting.

You could boost your metabolism by doing intervall-training. For example running for 30min. in the following loop-structure:
    3min. without huge effort (maybe fast walking with an heart rate of maybe 60% of your max heart rate)
    followed by 1.5min. in which you slowly increase the stress, by gaining speed
    finally 0.5min. of full-power running (as fast as you can with about 85-90% of your max heart rate).

After that you'll have a part of the 3 minutes again to recover...

Those intervalls are a real boost! They don't burn as much calories as long workouts on the eliptical, but they do wonders to you fat burning the whole day. :smile:
    Absolutely no need for supplements...
  • ajax03
    ajax03 Posts: 96
    Options
    Bump