New member/ my story.

Options
Hello everyone, I am new here....Need help and support! Thanks to a frined who told me about this site, I decided to check it out~
I put on 50 pounds with a Rx steroid for chrones disease. Off the steroids now, feeling wonderful, except I cant fit into my pants!
I have my 30 yr class reunion this summer and would like to look good in my clothes.
I struggle finding time for myself to exercise. I am a stay at home mom....but I babysit two little kids.
I cant wait to chat with all of you!
fallinrolls...Im here!

Lisacc

Replies

• luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    good luck to you!
  • inshapebymay
    Options
    Wow, I just joined this sight too.I too have Crohn's Disease.I know what it is like to be on Steriods.I havent been on them for about a year now, but I struggle with my diet.I am trying to eat right because none of the other meds that they have tried on me are working.I thought maybe through this website, I couldget the support I need to eat right.Also, i am reading a book called "The Makers Diet".It has really made a change in my life.Add me as a friend and we can talk more.Also I have FB.My name is Angela Prock.When it comes to Crohn's disease, we can use all the support we can get :)
  • Lisacc
    Options
    I am not sick with my CD....Shocked I even have it....but the blood test shows otherwise.....I get very bloated. I am normally a healthy eater. Lots of veggiess..but when you have CD, you cant always eat the veggies. I turned to bread....
    My biggest problem is no "me" time...and when there is me time, I find an excuse not to exercise. I need some nudging and a partner...
  • Lisacc
    Options
    Thank you for the welcome~ Im not sure where to begin...weigh in? post my food intake? Exercise log.... so much for me to read here. It may take me awhile to get used to this. Any tips?
  • rhiannon1979
    rhiannon1979 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! I have been here for a little over a month now and love it. I think the thing that really made me jump right in was to join in a challenge. It's easy to meet other people and you can support each other throughout. Best of luck to you!
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    Welcome!My 1st suggestion is make this about you.Schedule a time for ex.like you would anything else.If you haven`t ex in awhile start slow.Check out the message boards,there`s some interesting topics.Look for friends to help you along the way.Believe in yourself.You can do it if you want it bad enough.Track your food to great an idea,how much you do eat.It`s amazing when you do log in.Once you figure out the calories and ex.you`re on your way.
    good luck!!
    jane
  • NancySDA
    NancySDA Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    HI! Glad you made it! You know how I do my exercise time? I found myself stressing over all the things that needed to be done or I should be doing INSTEAD of 'wasting' time exercising. SO, for now, I will squeeze in 15 minutes once I get dinner started...start a load of laundry and do another 15-30 minutes...exercise while watching a show with my daughter...right now, of course, it is all indoors because I hate the cold! when the weather warms up I plan on using my 'exercise' time as time with my husband (walk, biking), walking the dogs, time with one of my kids (walk, biking). I am inspiring my daughter and husband to eat better and get more active. My daughter just recently got back into a pair of jeans that were too tight to wear before Christmas!

As I told you...any questions...ask! I don't have all the answers myself, yet (5 weeks on MFP) but I have learned a lot and can help you navigate.