Endurox versus P90x Recovery

Options
I'm on my 2nd week of p90x and I feel like I need to use a recovery drink that has a bit of protein in it.

My goal is to gain lean mass and shred my abdomen. I'm 6 foot, 165lbs and used to be a runner about 10 years ago, so I'm slim to say the least. Also, I have always been a slow gainer. I am currently trying to follow a high calorie/carb/protein diet but feel I can't eat enough for how intense my workouts are.

Does anyone use Endurox R4 in lieu of the p90x recovery drink? Cost is a pretty big concern to me and from what I've researched the cost per service for p90RF is double that of Endurox R4.

Any and all relavent experience with either supplement is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Replies

• TheNewJessieMae
    Options
    I'm on my 2nd week of p90x and I feel like I need to use a recovery drink that has a bit of protein in it.

My goal is to gain lean mass and shred my abdomen. I'm 6 foot, 165lbs and used to be a runner about 10 years ago, so I'm slim to say the least. Also, I have always been a slow gainer. I am currently trying to follow a high calorie/carb/protein diet but feel I can't eat enough for how intense my workouts are.

Does anyone use Endurox R4 in lieu of the p90x recovery drink? Cost is a pretty big concern to me and from what I've researched the cost per service for p90RF is double that of Endurox R4.

Any and all relavent experience with either supplement is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

What is the difference in ingredients? I'm interested in this as well.
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    I haven't used the P90X recovery drink since our first round of P90X. I had the same issue. I wanted something with some calories, for recovery, and I needed that protein. I simply take BSN Syntha-6 or BSN Lean Dessert.

Some men on the program are taking Body Fortress protein from Walmart. It has Creatine in it, like the recovery formula does. It has more creatine in it, as a matter of fact.
  • drog2323
    drog2323 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    I have had friends who did P90X and used a generic post recovery drink and thought it worked fine.

I did P90 before (although you can't tell now) :grumble: ....but I did use Endurox. I actually found another one I really like, the taste is great also. It's made by ON and is 2:1:1 Recovery. the calories are a little higher than just pure whey protein powder, but I did find that it helps with muscle soreness etc. I have the Mucho Mango and it's delicious.

I don't know a ton about supplements, but apparently ON makes excellent products. That may be worth looking into.
    www.optimumnutrition.com

good luck,
  • kgage1011
    kgage1011 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    My husband and I just started P90X and we purchased Accelerade (it has the 4:1 ratio.) Got it from GNC for $40. The associate at GNC (we live on a military base) said that A LOT of Marines use this after their vigorous workouts, especially the ones in special forces. We thought it couldn't hurt to try it! Good luck!
  • oo3menace
    Options
    I found this link useful in my research between the two.

http://rationalsecurity.typepad.com/p90x/2009/01/battle-of-the-recovery-formulas-p90x-vs-accelerade.html

I think accelerade will work, but I was looking for a little more protein out of it, which is why I was looking closer at Endurox. Both drinks are made my the same Company.

I'm definitely looking for a 4:1 recovery ratio, and hoping to get more than 5g of protein. So far nothing else comes close for the price except accelerade.
  • kgage1011
    kgage1011 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    If you want more protein, try Pure Protein Bars (you can get them at Wal-Mart.) They have 20g of protein. I just had one, and I think it was yummy!
  • oo3menace
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestion. I'm trying to avoid multiple sources of replenishment since I typically cannot stand the taste of supplements in the first place...I may just have to "give it a shot" so to speak and see if and how it works.
  • Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    My husband and I just started P90X and we purchased Accelerade (it has the 4:1 ratio.) Got it from GNC for $40. The associate at GNC (we live on a military base) said that A LOT of Marines use this after their vigorous workouts, especially the ones in special forces. We thought it couldn't hurt to try it! Good luck!

Good luck with the X!
  • oo3menace
    Options
    In case anyone was wondering, I ended up choosing Dark Matter by MHP in lieu of any of the post workout recovery drinks due to it's loyal customer base, popularity, and similar nutrient profile as the others I had considered. It is a little pricey at over $2 per serving but I won't be taking it after every workout either (just the more intense routines).