Chicken in a foil packet

Options
FitToBeFab
FitToBeFab Posts: 537 Member
I'm making non-boring chicken tonight, and I wanted to roast it in a foil packet with some flavorful veggies. I have some questions though! How long do I cook it and at what temperature? Should I poke holes in the packet to avoid soggie veggies? Any good veggie suggestions?

Any info will help :smile:

Replies

• lenwie
    lenwie Posts: 240
    Options
    I'm making non-boring chicken tonight, and I wanted to roast it in a foil packet with some flavorful veggies. I have some questions though! How long do I cook it and at what temperature? Should I poke holes in the packet to avoid soggie veggies? Any good veggie suggestions?

Any info will help :smile:

Veggies have a high water content so they should steam with the chicken inside your pocket of foil, I do this quite often with fish/chicken or quorn and add herbs and spices. I use carrots onions and courgettes and even add some thinly sliced potatoes.
  • Fitnurse27
    Fitnurse27 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Good idea for a busy day. I would like to hear suggestions on this, too.
  • ChefJenn
    ChefJenn Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    carrots, squash, zuc's and such veggies cook very well in foil packets.
    Your chicken is done when u press it with a fork and the juices run clear..
    or the temp of the bird is 160 degrees
    I tend to cook my chicken at 350 degrees for 25-30 mins. Its a slow pace and keeps it moist.
    Spices can go a long way with this. I posted yesterday a list of zest spices from flavors around the world to dress up any meat.

~Chef Jenn~
    send me a friend request and u can see past post I made for some dinner ideas
  • FitToBeFab
    FitToBeFab Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    So I made it last night and it was only so-so. It definately could have gone in longer, more like the 30 minutes. I definately didn't use enough seasoning either. It wasn't boring, it just didn't have a lot of pizazz.