Chicago Marathon: Who is Running?!

Rachaely
Rachaely Posts: 113
edited September 24 in Fitness and Exercise
I ran the marathon for the first year in 2007 - you know, the year where someone passed away because of the heat (RIP) and they cancelled the race half-way through? That one. I swore I'd never run it again! 2009 rolled around and I found myself entered again.

Two years later and I'm at that point again...curious if I could improve my time, wanting a big goal to work towards, craving that rush at the end of the race.

My question is: who here is running the Chicago Marathon this year? Or is anyone racing it?!

Replies

• There are only 5,000 entries left... not long to decide :-(.

I'm doing the Grand Rapids, MI marathon instead of Chicago. It's only 3 hours away and super pretty.
  • bexdc
    bexdc Posts: 202 Member
    Chicago is on my list to really race, but I can't do it this year, alas. :-(
  • I am no where near ready for a full marathon, but I am running a 1/2 (my first ever) in Gurnee in May at KeyLime Cove. Just thought I would let you know in case you wanted a practice marathon to prep yourself for the big one in Chicago.
    Good luck!
  • Rachaely
    Rachaely Posts: 113
    I am no where near ready for a full marathon, but I am running a 1/2 (my first ever) in Gurnee in May at KeyLime Cove. Just thought I would let you know in case you wanted a practice marathon to prep yourself for the big one in Chicago.
    Good luck!

That looks super fun!! Good luck!
  • bexdc
    bexdc Posts: 202 Member
    I am no where near ready for a full marathon, but I am running a 1/2 (my first ever) in Gurnee in May at KeyLime Cove. Just thought I would let you know in case you wanted a practice marathon to prep yourself for the big one in Chicago.
    Good luck!

That's great you're running a half! Where is Gurnee?
  • LaraeTX
    LaraeTX Posts: 674 Member
    I'm planning on trying to make it in 2012, I'm doing a local marathon in Nov so can't make Chicago this year.
This discussion has been closed.