Carnation Breakfast Essentials?

Options
Well we bought some and I was wondering if they would make me gain weight... there is 5 grams of fat in one bottle... I have to have them for breakfast now. (doctor reasons) We have the ones that are 230 calories and the other ones that are reduced sugar and are 150 calories. I try to only have to have the 150 calorie ones, but I need to have drink them all. Will they make me gain weight?

Replies

• Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    There's no 250 calorie item that will make you gain weight on it's own.
  • kateslife
    Options
    There's no 250 calorie item that will make you gain weight on it's own.
    That's great to hear. Thank you!
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    Consider other parts of your day along with these drinks. These drinks alone, once a day, will not make you gain weight. If you make great choices for lunch, dinner and snack, and keep your calories at the level your body needs, you can remain the same weight. If you are trying to lose weight, eat less calories than your body needs and it will be forced to take energy from your 'fat reserves'.

I enjoy these drinks and have had 2 or 3 in the past few weeks as they are filled with protein and other goodies and taste very decent. However - I must mention to you that they are a MILK and EGG product that doesn't require refrigeration and that freaks me out to no end. I work at a convenience store and when our shipment of this drink arrives, it is room temp or warmer, and that is very weird to me.
  • mamawildbear
    mamawildbear Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    That's my favorite breakfast. I usually buy the Carnation Instant Breakfast Drink Packets and mix with my own milk. I add a tablespoon of Benefiber to increase the fiber and often have a banana as well. I try do get the sugar free kind but a lot of stores only have the sugary one.
  • kateslife
    Options
    Consider other parts of your day along with these drinks. These drinks alone, once a day, will not make you gain weight. If you make great choices for lunch, dinner and snack, and keep your calories at the level your body needs, you can remain the same weight. If you are trying to lose weight, eat less calories than your body needs and it will be forced to take energy from your 'fat reserves'.

I enjoy these drinks and have had 2 or 3 in the past few weeks as they are filled with protein and other goodies and taste very decent. However - I must mention to you that they are a MILK and EGG product that doesn't require refrigeration and that freaks me out to no end. I work at a convenience store and when our shipment of this drink arrives, it is room temp or warmer, and that is very weird to me.
    Yeah that is kind of scary haha! I'm trying to stay the same, so I'll just try to make good choices.

also... @mamawildbear: Yes, they are quite tasty. I should also try Benefiber too...
  • mamawildbear
    mamawildbear Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Yeah, milk drinks in cans kind of freak me out. I think they have a weird taste as well (although it's been so long since I had one maybe they've improved.) That's why I buy the powder packets.