Frustrated with work out clothes

Options
JBennis1013
JBennis1013 Posts: 377 Member
So I am 5'1'' which is short I know that, but why should it be impossible for me to find out work out clothes? All capris practically come down to my ankle and any regular length pants are too long by like 6-8 inches!! What gives?!?!?!?!? Sorry just needed to rant as it is extremely frustrating.

Replies

• TealStar13
    TealStar13 Posts: 165
    Options
    Haha I know the feeling! :( I love capri's but I can't seem to find ones that fit length wise.
  • brlarson
    brlarson Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Land's End has workout clothes for petite sizes. I bought a pair of yoga pants and capris that fit great and are super comfortable.
  • Eskimopie
    Eskimopie Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Yup, I have the same issues. Gotta buy petites. Target has some cute yoga pants in shorts, capris and pants that come in petite styles for pretty cheap.
  • humblemonkey
    humblemonkey Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    yep, im 5'1" too and have the same issues. today i wore some victorias secret yoga "capris" wich are a goofy too short to be pants length on me. sucks.
  • KIttenCaboodle
    Options
    I know exactly what you mean! I'm 5 ft. It's so ridiculous. Jeans are especially hard!
  • nickyb632
    nickyb632 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    i hear i'm short too and it's so frustrating, i have only 2 pairs of sweat pants that aren't too long and both are from kohls. leggins work too :) hope this helped a bit!
  • houlee
    houlee Posts: 60
    Options
    I understand completely! I ended up buying some of the shorts/pants that are supposed to come to slightly above your knees. Those are capris to me. And I've been very tempted to have some of my workout pants hemmed... or learn how to sew to hem them myself.
  • Katbaran
    Katbaran Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain, Sister!!! I'm 5'3" with VERY short legs. EVERYTHING is too long or I have to bunch it up at the ankles. I hate doing that as I have never had thick ankles--they are one of the very few parts of me that always stay slim!!! When I worked in an office, we weren't allowed to wear capris--but I got them anyway and they fit me like regular length pants! I had some nice, cool cotton pants for the summer!
  • shipleyd
    shipleyd Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I have the opposite problem. They are all to small! My husband drags me to sports authority all the time and then wonders why I am bored. They don't sell anything over an x-large and I need a xx-large. Its so frustrating.
  • bjberry
    bjberry Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Here is a site on line for petite-plus folks. The last store listed covers the widest sizes for petite women.
    http://www.petiteclothingonline.com/womens-petite-plus.htm
    Hope this helps. :drinker: (lots of water)
  • AllyS7
    AllyS7 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I agree. I'm 5'2 and it's a pain to find jeans/pants. I get lucky when I go into TJ MAXX and there are sometimes petite clothes in there.

Hopefully after loosing a little weight it won't be as hard.
  • JennsLosing
    JennsLosing Posts: 1,026
    Options
    im only an inch taller than you...i buy work out capris at walmart for like 11 bucks by danskins now, i think thats what its called....but yeah they come mid calf on me so it should be the same for you.
  • callipygianchronicle
    callipygianchronicle Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I am 5’3”, so I realize a couple inches taller than you (and that those inches can make a difference). I have had luck with the ankle length pants from GapBody Fit and short length Champion workout pants from Target. If I but a regular length they are always at least 3 inches too long.
  • humblemonkey
    humblemonkey Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    I bought boy's size Lrg sweats at walmart and they fit :o) haha A little bit more working out and ill fit into boys size small!:laugh:
  • smc1277
    smc1277 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    My favorite work out clothes are shorts, tank top and my Enell bra. I have a 38 DD chest and with that bra nothing moves. I love it.
  • JBennis1013
    JBennis1013 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    So I've struck out at Target, Walmart, Kohls, and Nike! Very frustrating ugh
  • rivingtonst
    rivingtonst Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Just as frustrated--but for the opposite problem!! I love wearing long pants or shorts but I'm so tall that nothing fits. Pants sit right above my ankles and shorts are just too, too short. I've had a bit of luck with "tall" stretchy pants from NY&Co but they are NOT made for workouts (sweat to death). I'm sticking with a legging/shorts combo for now.
  • believetoachieve
    believetoachieve Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    I've found that it's best to learn to hem your own pants! It's cheap, convenient, and you can wear anything you want. :smile:

I'm 5'4, so I'm a weird in-between size. Sometimes pants are an ok-length.. sometimes they're not. I buy what I like, and then hem the bottoms if necessary once I get home. It takes 15 minutes tops, and a decent sewing machine doesn't need to cost more than $100. :happy: