Help....what can I do to get rid of...

Options
I want to know what exercises are good to get rid of the fat on the sides of my thigh just below my butt or hips area?

Replies

• kalebsmama07
    Options
    bump
  • leighdlady
    Options
    I would like to know too. This has been a major problem for me since I hit puberty about 24 years ago. Even when I am thin, I have fat in this area.
  • josavage
    josavage Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately you cannot spot reduce. The best thing you can do is diet and exercise (both cardio and weight training).
  • Serenifly
    Serenifly Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    running :) Try it! you can't spot reduce but in 4 weeks I've lost 2 inches in my thighs!
  • jwd28
    jwd28 Posts: 765
    Options
    That's my biggest problem area too. I don't have any answers for you but I can sympathize!
  • flutterqueen04
    Options
    The best way to get rid of all fat is cardio/strength training exercise and reduced calorie dieting. You can't really do specific exercises for specific areas to lose fat in that area. You can, however, do strength training moves for those areas to help tone them and help lose inches. Try lunges and squats and moves like that.
  • Lynne30
    Lynne30 Posts: 7
    Options
    I do alot of squats, biking, hiking, jogging...
    I lost 5 inches there...
    I need to lose between my legs now..
  • mideon_696
    mideon_696 Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    There's some theories floating around re spot reduction...though nothing proven but definately worth trying.

Running would of course help out, in that there will be a good blood flow to those areas because your'e using those muscles etc.

Can also help this out when doing other cardio like rowing, or bike, or do aswell when running.

Dynamic stretching, foam rolling, some squats/lunges etc. Do these in the middle of a good hard cardio session.
    You have ample blood flying arouns your body at this time, why not try and direct it to where you want it?

I do it, no idea if it works, but it definately wont hinder any progress
  • NikkiJ17
    NikkiJ17 Posts: 295
    Options
    running :) Try it! you can't spot reduce but in 4 weeks I've lost 2 inches in my thighs!

Agreed, you can't spot reduce but I also have lost 2 inches in my thighs and 2 1/2 inches in my hips since I've started jogging. Careful though cause my girlfriends legs actually got a little bigger, muscular but definitely tighter in her jeans.