Outback Steakhouse

Options
jhardenbergh
jhardenbergh Posts: 1,035 Member
Tonight since I am travelling for work, I went to outback steakhouse. I had the 6 oz filet but I had them prepared without butter and oil, just with spices and grilled, I couldn't find anything in the database so I went with the generic grilled filet. Do you think that's accurate could butter and oil add 200 calories to the steak. I looked up the Outback Filet (butter and oil) in the database and it said it had 518 calories, but the generic grilled filet had 300 something. What do you all think? thanks in advance.

Replies

• lisafrancis629
    Options
    Go to Outback's website. They have a great tool for nutritional value. You can click the whole meal, without butter, without seasoning, etc. I use their nutritional values instead of MFP's database. I love their steamed green beans, without butter of course.

I don't remember for sure but 300 calories sounds about right, no butter or oil.
  • jhardenbergh
    Options
    Thank you I didn't realize that.
  • SaraTonin
    SaraTonin Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Tablespoon of butter is 130 calories. You could easily add 200 with oil too! Good choice getting it grilled.
  • jerseygirl777
    Options
    Its hard to judge because you don't know the EXACT weight of the steak... Butter can definitely add up. I have used light butter which is still like, 50 cals a tablespoon.
  • rvice2
    rvice2 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Based on Outback's website the 6oz light version (no butter no oil) is 230 calories and 8 fat. I eat there a lot and that is what i always get. I use outback's website. They have a very easy nutrition calculator!
  • jhardenbergh
    Options
    I just tried their nutritional tracker and it didn't give me the option for no butter or oil, but I will take your word on it. Thanks all for the insight, it is definately appreciated.
  • jhardenbergh
    Options
    I just looked at it again, I tried the outback special which is sirloin and it was 230 cals the way I had it prepared, I had the filet it didn't give me the option, but they are both 6 oz, so it's probably pretty close. That is a great tool and by far the best restaurant nutitional tool I have seen. I am definately going to eat there more often when I have to. Thanks for the input.