Last 10 POunds

Options
Hey, does anyone have any good advice for losing the last 10 pounds and then toning up?? I know it is the hardest part of weight loss so I am curious to see what you all say. I have an idea of what to do- high protein and weights... but I still want to hear your thoughts.

Replies

• kilojoule
    kilojoule Posts: 74
    Options
    something that helped me reach my goal (8-9% BF) was early morning workouts on an empty stomach...or working out in a fasted state. Its uncomfortable but seems to work great for me, i usually have 2-3 cups of coffee with low fat milk and get in a good 90 min workout before breakfast. Alternating between pure cardio and core ala bike trainer or resistance training and core with some dumbell weights...breakfast never tasted so good ;-)
  • SyrenaAngela
    Options
    would you recommend any protein shakes or supplements to take for toning up? I am open to taking something as long as it isn't bad for my health.
  • kilojoule
    kilojoule Posts: 74
    Options
    would you recommend any protein shakes or supplements to take for toning up? I am open to taking something as long as it isn't bad for my health.

only supplement i take is a whey protein shake post weight training to provide the damaged muscles the protein they need to rebuild. Currently using the muscle milk light cookies and cream. Shaker bottle and water its pretty yummy but i may switch to another high quality whey protein product that is cheaper. Good luck! Its 4am here and im 2 cups away from starting my workout :-)
  • DianaPowerUp
    DianaPowerUp Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    There are many topics posted here about why the last 5-10 lbs are so difficult to lose. If I find the links, I'll post them. It makes for some interesting reading and understanding about the difficulties that set in once your body fat is already in a healthy range. I'm there too, and it's really hard.

All I can say is that your REALLY need to tighten up your diet (esp.) and exercise. Cut back on the white stuff, sugars, and increase your protein. That will help you lose weight and help increase muscle mass. One thing I find most helpful for increasing toning is doing strength training. I do it 3-4 times/wk, and have been increasing the weight of my weights, and in just a few wks, I can see the difference. I have toned up more, slimmed down more, and developed better muscles since my last pic I posted, which was about 2 wks ago. But it takes effort. I'll post an updated pic in another 2 wks, when I"m closer to my goal.

Oh, and to help with my protein intake (which they say should be about 1g/1lb body weight), I take Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Whey. It tastes great, and is rated the best protein supplement, year after yr. I take it after my workout, and sometimes at the end of the day if I"m low on cal and protein.
  • princesschikee
    Options
    Not sure how often you eat, but it's a good thing to eat 5 small meals a day including carbs, protein and fat with each meal.