New to Myfitnesspal

Options
I am brand new to Myfitnesspal, decided to join on the recommendation of my mom. My biggest struggle with weight loss is finding motivation... I have success and then somehow I always end up right back where I started. This will be my 4th attempt at dieting in the past 2 years. I'm a nursing student and I'm a stress eater - a combination that makes it almost impossible to lose weight... I snack when I study, during class, and at night while watching tv. I don't eat healthy foods and most of the time, I only eat one "meal" a day. The rest of the day I graze... chips, cookies, candy, ice cream... One of my biggest addictions is soda... I love Dr. Pepper and I don't like the taste of diet. I have as many as 4-5 12oz cans per day. Very bad!

Anyway, that's a little about me... I'd love the help and motivation of others, I truly feel if I had accountability and motivation, I would reach my goal of 25 pounds lost by May 13th! I just want to say, I am so proud of my mom! She has done so well with Myfitnesspal!!!

Replies

• mother23ts
    Options
    Good luck to you in your weight loss journey. First thing I recommend is to cut down on those sodas. Maybe cut it down by two a day and see where that takes you. Also you must eat 3 meals even if they are small meals in order to work your metabolism and stave off hunger. Then find a snack that isnt too harmful like rice cakes or yogurts or low fat cheese. I hope this helps. Im working on myself one day at a time. Remember it will take time but its so worth it!
  • Maggiemaelynn
    Maggiemaelynn Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!! This site is wonderful! i didnt think that counting calories would be easy, and the amount of support is great!! I was the same way with snacking I loved going to culvers with the last few dollars i had and getting custard!! I know now that what I was ordering was 1700 calories!! Yikes!

You will do great! Welcome to a whole new way of life and feeling great!!!:smile:
  • sherrisluzinit4good
    sherrisluzinit4good Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    :heart: Welcome my LOVE! I'm so proud of you!!!