Insanity Dilemma

Options
So Today begins week 3 of Phase 1 of Insanity. I really enjoy it, and I know its doing my body good, but now that the weather is getting nicer I really want to go outside!!! I want to go running again. So my dilemma is am i a quitter if I put Insanity off until the Winter when I will actually not mind being stuck inside to work out? Just so you know I am a long way from being done my weight loss journey, I am still about 100 pounds away from my goal. anyway i need advice and any would be great, thanks ahead of time!!!

Replies

• Punktorian
    Punktorian Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I'm doing P90X but I feel the same way. I think I'm gonna stick with the program but drop cardio x in the morning and go for a nice jog, I also get out for a walk every night which helps. Maybe just drop a few days of insanity to run? A half and half sorta thing. In the end I think you are much more likely to keep working out when you are enjoying it.
  • newmeat30
    newmeat30 Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    I'd say to stick with it. I have 2 1/2 weeks left of Insanity. I know what you mean about the weather being nice and wanting to be outside. You can still do other types of activities. I usually go for a jog or do another type of workout on the days that I do Cardio Recovery or Max Recovery (so I do 2 workouts on those days). You can also do a different type of workou on your "off" days.

It has worked really well for me (lost 10 lbs so far).

Stick with it!
  • get_fit2009
    get_fit2009 Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    So Today begins week 3 of Phase 1 of Insanity. I really enjoy it, and I know its doing my body good, but now that the weather is getting nicer I really want to go outside!!! I want to go running again. So my dilemma is am i a quitter if I put Insanity off until the Winter when I will actually not mind being stuck inside to work out? Just so you know I am a long way from being done my weight loss journey, I am still about 100 pounds away from my goal. anyway i need advice and any would be great, thanks ahead of time!!!

NO! Not in my book anyway. Exercise should be enjoyable. Just be sure you are pushing yourself. Maybe mix up parts of the program with your days that you run. I did that with P90X with the cardio part, because I love spinning classes. I don't think substituting a different exercise is bad, as long as you are getting a solid workout.