Yet another "eating your exercise carbs" question...

Options
EDIT: I mean CALORIES. Hah just read a post about carbs, sorry!

Hey guys,
I know this probably comes up a lot and I've read many of the pages on here about eating your exercise carbs except its hard for me to understand something without applying it towards myself.

So my goal calories are 1640 and I have consumed 1220 today but I've also burned 883 calories. Meaning I have 1303 calories remaining. I'm pretty content not eating anything else but I can if needed. I don't want to burn too many calories and kick my body into 'starvation mode' accidentally. Should I eat something else to consume more calories and if so how much should I be looking to take in or should I remain where I am at?

Replies

• rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,239 Member
    Options
    One day will not put you into starvation mode even if you didn't eat at all. It takes more than that to do so. If you chronically eat very low calories, then your metabolism will start to slow, but it takes a while before it happens.
  • skinnyme125
    skinnyme125 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I would try to at least eat another 1000 that way you will still lose weight and not risk starvation mode.
  • carolynmittens
    Options
    i've been eating my exercise calories for 3 months now and haven't lost a pound, so i'd say no. it varies from person to person though, some people have seen great results eating back those cals. i think you just have to find what works for you. but if you're not hungry, don't force yourself to eat them.
  • tiffsNEWlife
    Options
    You will not go into starvation mode instantly. I received great advise from a personal trainer here on MFP. Your body will start to go into starvation mode when you are consistantly eating under 1200 calories a day (dramatically under) and exercising like a maniac! Burning several thousand calories a day. Here's how I look at it, if I'm putting at least 1200 calories into my body I'm not going to go into starvation mode. So, I would think in your situation that you should be okay. But listen to your body. If you are hungry eat, if not don't!
  • forJupiter
    Options
    Okay. Thanks guys!