spaghetti squash recipe

Options
cmmull67
cmmull67 Posts: 170 Member
Ok, so I basically threw this together because I got off work late and didn't want to cook. I had some leftover spaghetti squash, so tried this.

1 cup cooked squash, unseasoned
1/2 cup Classico brand pasta sauce ( I used the Spicy pepper)
3 oz grilled chicken breast strips with Italian seasonings ( I cheated and used prepared chicken...had room to play with sodium today)

It came in at 200 calories, but the prepared chicken put the sodium around 500 mg. Homecooked chicken should bring it down to less than 100 mg.

This was my entire meal. 1 cup of squash with the sauce and chicken filled me up. If you are still hungry, 2 servings are still only 400 calories, and you will feel like bursting after.

Replies

• arskaji
    arskaji Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Spaghetti made with Spaghetti squash is delicious. I'm a big fan of Italian-seasoned ground turkey in this as well. Incredibly low cal, low fat, extra delicious.
  • corsayre8
    corsayre8 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Had spaghetti squash and pasta sauce myself. Although I had mine with 1/4 pound lean ground beef, grilled onions and garlic. About 300 calories, and I am sooooo full. Makeit with chicken at times, but had plenty of calories left, and needed the iron.
  • sweetie89207
    Options
    gotta try this!!!!...just not sure i will do it right when cooking it...but i have tried it before just plain and it was really good...
  • winterjade
    winterjade Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    YUM!!!! I made a spaghetti squash tonight in prep for tomorrows dinner.....I just go very basic, onions/mushrooms and sauce :)
  • heididormanen
    Options
    I use spaghetti squash as the noodles for stir fry and it comes out great. Cook it and your stir fry seperately and then toss together before serving.. yummy!
  • sbwood888
    sbwood888 Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    How do you cook spaghetti squash?
  • cmmull67
    cmmull67 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    It's actually rather easy. I cut it in half, lengthwise, scoop out the center and seeds, put in a pan with a little water under each 1/2 (meat/flesh side down). Cook at 375 for 45 mins to an hour.

Let cool for a few minutes, then run a fork through the meat to get the "spaghetti". Get as much meat out of the gourd as possible, serve and eat. :)