Looking for motivation and support!

Options
szimba
szimba Posts: 298 Member
Hi I'm 21 years old and I've been yo yo dieting for a while now. A little less than 2 years ago I had lost 50lbs and was at my lowest of 147 but unfortunately over the past 2 years i managed to gain about half of that back again. I'm looking for motivation and support and I'm hoping to find it here. My goal is lifestyle changes that will lead to a healthy future. Feel free to friend me and give me advice!!

Thanks!!! :)

Replies

• sweetdianachka
    sweetdianachka Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    If you've done it once you can do it again!!
  • szimba
    Options
    I hope so. I've been trying to lose again for about 3 months and I haven't made any progress. I always get discouraged and binge. I gotta get motivated
  • fannie23
    fannie23 Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi, im 22 years old and im kinda in the same situation. My weight was 194 pounds. and with exercise and a balanced diet i managed to take them down to 156 pounds in about 5-6 months. I have always have touble with my weight. I've never been thin and the size of my jeans has never been below 13. Still i think that will power and perseveranse its all it takes for you to take those pounds and burry them forever ;). Like people are saying, if we could do that once, we can definitly do it again... Over the last 5 months i have gain all the weight i've lost =( which kinda gets me down, but yet, im willing to start over with a balanced diet and work hard ... actually, i think i am doing the insanity program, I have heard that it is really hard to keep on doing it after a week, but i'll take my chances, i looove challanges and the reward is for me and no one else =) keep it up! you'll see you will be saying byeee to those extra pounds!.
  • szimba
    Options
    I was looking into P90x and i've been back and forth about buying it cause i feel like I may not be at a level to handle that yet, let me know how insanity works for you!
    I'm trying to set goals and rewards for myself. For example, I like short hair styles but i feel like my face is way to round right now to pull it off so when i get down to like.... 145 or 150 i promised myself i'll cut it all off! haha hope i can give myself enough motivation to keep going that way! I have so much I want to do and I hate feeling like my weight is holding me back! I want to take control of my life!
  • like_whoa82
    Options
    I think that the loss of control is what keeps me reverting back to bad or huge amounts of food to make me feel like i am in control... sounds kinda weird.
    Don't give up, if you did it once you can do it again. When i get close to eating something that will set me back i tell myself "what will make me feel better? This brownie or reaching my goal?" It's close but i definitly think reaching your goal will make you a lot happier!
    :wink: