Having a good day after a BAD weekend

Options
This weekend I went back home to where I grew up b/c I recently moved away after college. I knew that this would be bad for my diet and it was, VERY BAD. All my friends are healthy and they eat what they want basically and therefore I followed in their footsteps. It was pretty much only on Saturday but still. It made me feel very guilty. But its a new week!

I went to the gym today and something awesome happened to me. I was doing intervals on the treadmill next to this other woman who was running. After I was finished and we both were done she came up to me and complimented me on my efforts and how I pushed through the running. This made me feel good and made me realize people do watch and can be inspired by you. This helped me push through the rest of my workout with confidence and I started off my week on a great note! Can't wait for the gym tomorrow!

Replies

• CelesteENelson
    CelesteENelson Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Congrats on pushing yourself and recognizing your weakness. It does make you feel great to have others inspired by you. I have a few friends that have gotten on the weight loss band wagon because they have seen what I have been able to do. And having many people on here adding me because they are inspired based on what I have lost. So I truely appreciate that feeling you are having!
  • tmorford
    tmorford Posts: 38
    Options
    kymlynn13,

You and I have fallen into the same trap.. I recently went home to mamma's cookin' and got carried away. Once the sugars, carbohydrates, and fats hit my blood system it was over... Thank you for sharing how you started the week with a fresh week. I am motivated to follow in your footsteps and push myself during my next workout. I have a close friend who told me this, "If you are climbing a flight of steps and you reach a certain point and fall down a few steps do you go ahead and throw yourself down the rest of the steps or do you pick yourself up and try climbing until you get to the top... your goal" it made a lot of sense to me. There have been too many times that I feel as though I have thrown myself down those steps... But like you said.. tomorrow is a new day with new challenges and new possibilities.. stay strong.. keep working hard.. thanks again for sharing