Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Losing inches vs weight

Ok so my problem is...... im losing more inches than weight.....im not complaining cuz at least im losing something and my clothes are feeling less tight....but at the same time its discouraging to not see the numbers on the scale move. Im also the type that gains muscle easily and i know that weighs more...

Any advise on how to get more weight loss?

Replies

• grouch201
    grouch201 Posts: 404 Member
    Your profile says you want to look and feel better, not lose weight. If I were me, I'd focus on that aspect and goal. I'll just say right now that for the last two months, my weight hasn't really budged much at all. It was dropping like a rock for a good five months and now it's leveled out. I blame my exercise routine for putting muscle on me, but I'd rather stay at my current weight and be a lean muscle machine than a skinny weakling. As the song says, "Accentuate the positive, eliminate the negative. Latch on to the affirmative." A few friends have commented that I seem happier now than I was a year ago, and that means more to me than any number on a scale. My ultimate advice, throw the scale away!
  • CelesteENelson
    CelesteENelson Posts: 89 Member
    maybe reduce your strength training? stick to just cardio activities? Ive heard cardio burns more weight but strength training creates muscle so that may be your problem. But Im not 100% sure. Just a suggestion
  • maserati185
    maserati185 Posts: 263 Member
    Measurements are the best way to know that you are losing fat. Although I weigh in the nude, the same time of day, every day, my scale frequently says I've maintained or even gained weight when I know, by trying on a pair of pants, that I'm smaller. I only look to my scale to see that, over a period of two or three weeks, I'm moving in a downward direction. Because my body is always doing something different concerning intake, breakdown of foods, hormones and so on, it is going to give me different numbers day to day. Try to use your scale more as a long-term view and your belt, pants or measuring tape if you want a closer, current look at your weight loss. If you think you LOOK too muscular, I don't really know much about workouts, but my guess would be to focus more on cardio/aerobics.
  • nanc94
    nanc94 Posts: 141 Member
    i definetly need to lose the weight…which will in turn help me look and feel better…. I try to mix up my cardio with doing different intervals of hills / sprints / intensity / etc….as far as weights…I use the free hand weight no more than 15# just to tone the arm. I don’t know if I can just do cardio for my whole workout i dont feel like a have a complete workout w/o doing some weights…but i'll try it
    @ grouch…I like that quote…and will try to hide the scale for at least a couple weeks at a time.
  • nanc94
    nanc94 Posts: 141 Member
    Thanx Cure….ultimately a smaller dress size is the goal….and I am excited when I put on a pair of jeans and they are loose…even more excited to not just my stomach as a table top anymore :laugh:
    And im not looking muscular at all..getting toned if anything